CHANGES

Louis loves music in general. He has been playing the guitar since he was five years old and he writes his own songs from time to time. One of his favourite free time activities is discovering new, extraordinary music online. Sometimes he uses parts of known songs, adds some new lines or mixes them with his own ideas. Only recently he had bought new recording software for his computer and his family got him a small beginner set to build his own professional recording studio at home. His equipment isn't the very best but it's enough for him to work with.

During the last weeks, Louis has been working on a project but he's stuck. After listening to some songs, he stumbles across a video that's called "If I could fly". It's a self-made black and white video about two girls that's not really catchy but the arrangement of this beautiful piano melody in addition with the raspy but still soft main voice sends chills down his spine during the first seconds already. Louis closes his eyes to blend out everything else. Interpretation of the song is wonderful and the main voice that carries the song is so pure, so flawless and unique, that Louis listens to the song again and again. The piano melody is calming, relaxing even and in combination with that voice - it's absolute perfection. He presses play over and over again until he finally reads the description below the video. But what is this? Louis jerks back, pressing a hand over his mouth that's wide open in shock. The boy can't believe his eyes as he reads the description over and over again, shaking his head in disbelief. The song is sung by One Direction, Harry Styles is carrying the main vocals. What the fuck?!

***

As hard as he tries, Louis can't get this beautiful voice out of his mind. He still thinks that boy groups (and Harry in particular) are fucked up because of various reasons but Louis has to admit that he really likes this song. He even discovers some other songs of One Direction (when he was at the concert he was always more focused on his sisters than the music) and to his surprise, there are a few he really likes although he'd never admit this to anyone. His favourite voice is Harry's. But who is he? He was playing the nice guy when Louis was with him but maybe he was just acting. He's a celebrity and they usually aren't like other people. Most of them tend to be arrogant, unworldly and distant as fuck. Louis is sure that Harry Styles doesn't differ. The boy is torn between wanting to forget about Harry completely because he's still pissed and wanting to know more about him.

***

A few days later, Louis decides to have another look. He's sure that he'll be soon convinced that Harry is just another boring celebrity with no substance behind so he types "Harry Styles" into Youtube search and presses the grey button next to it. It takes only seconds until a lot of different fan videos, interviews and concert clips appear on the screen. Louis clicks the link to a fan video with the title "My favourite moments of Harry Styles 2010-2015". The more Louis stares at the screen, the more he starts feeling sympathy for Harry. It's not planned at all, it's a process that captures him like a trap and soon he gets the feeling that there's no way to escape. Harry doesn't turn out as the asshole Louis wants him to be. His answers are thoughtful, his voice soft and warm and his charisma is so special that Louis just can't take his eyes off the screen. Harry's voice is turning his brain into mush within seconds and the part where he's on Japanese television, doing that spin and saying "Come to me" just kills him. How sexy is that? Fuck. He's really thinking all this but no matter how hard he tries to find something negative in that video, he doesn't succeed. "Maybe it's just this video," he mumbles and clicks another one. Louis watches about ten videos in a row and slowly something inside of him starts stirring. The next video he's watching is the interview with Nick Grimshaw. Harry and the others are sitting on a sofa and Harry's on vocal rest so he uses his phone for communication. He looks so pretty that it nearly hurts. How is that even possible? How can someone look so breathtakingly beautiful? Harry's long, brown curls look so fluffy, his skin is literally glowing, his mouth and lips are beautifully curved and the little dimple that appears on his cheek when he smiles is adorable. His eyes seem to sparkle and his smile is so bright. Louis can't stop staring at the screen. This guy has captured him within seconds and he just can't do anything about it. "You're insane, really," he says quietly to himself as he's taking a deep breath.