chapter twelve.

"Happy birthday pretty girl." I breathed out the words as I lifted the covers and crawled back up from my spot between Lauren's legs, hovering over her until our lips met. She wrapped her hands around my neck and pulled me closer, instantly sliding her tongue over mine and letting out a quiet whimper at the taste of herself.

"My birthday is tomorrow silly." She kissed me again.

"But today we're celebrating." She pulled me down closer to her, so I rolled off to the side so we were laying next to each other.

"Is this what we're doing all day? Because I can definitely do this all day." Lauren giggled and she snuggled into the crook of my neck, wrapping her arms and legs around me and essentially trapping me in the bed.

"Today we have to be real people and socialize." She whined into my neck and I laughed. "But I might have taken the day off tomorrow," she lifted her head up, "and I might have also called and asked for you to have the day off," she raised her eyebrows at me, "and Delilah might be going home with Aunt Taylor tonight." We smiled at each other before she leaned down for more kisses, holding my cheek and keeping me at her mercy as she nipped and sucked at my lips. Her breaths started getting a little choppy and the heat picked up again, so I sadly pulled myself away, because I knew if we kept going there really would be no chance of us leaving the bed today. Well, we might leave the bed, but definitely not the master bedroom. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. Lauren pouted but followed my lead and sat up against the headboard.

"So Jake and Madison are coming?" I nodded my head in reply. "I bet she looks so cute pregnant." Lauren mused. I hummed in agreement and kissed my fiancé's cheek. I laid my chin on her shoulder for a moment before she spoke again. "I'm really glad things went so well when you went and talked to him. I think it's great to have more family around."

"Me too. I went in there expecting to tell him about the wedding, about our mom, and leave and not see him again til who knows when. But he was like glowing, I don't know how else to describe it. It was like he walked into that room ready to start over before we had even spoken, like he knew what I wanted deep down."

"Well because deep down he's probably wanted that for a while too. We have a good opportunity for you guys to get close for basically the first time ever. I think it's great." Lauren kissed my forehead and hopped out of bed.

"It doesn't make you uncomfortable that I have Delilah around him does it?" She looked at me confused. "I mean, technically speaking he's a convicted felon and I know some people might think that's wrong to have someone like that around your kids and I guess I never asked you but you also never said anything and I don't want you to not approve of something because we're in this togeth-"

"Mi amor take a breath!" Lauren rounded the bed and came to stand by me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me close until she spoke again. "Look, we've never been best friends with Jake or spent tons of time with him but I have spent time with him over the years, and I see the way he treats Delilah and you, and me even, just in those limited times and I know he's a good guy. I know the stories you've told me from when you were kids. We don't know why he did what he did, and until we do I don't think we can judge him for it. He did his time, and he came out with a brand new attitude. People aren't perfect. It does not bother me to have Delilah around her uncle." She ended her small speech with a kiss between my eyebrows. I just smiled and leaned into her lips, not wanting to separate.

"Thanks pretty girl. You always keep me grounded." I finally let go of my fiancé and started walking towards our closet. "Do you want to shower first? I can start breakfast?" I asked as I sifted through sundresses.

"You're not going to shower with your fiancé? On her birthday?" Lauren feigned offense but i just laughed.

"Your birthday is tomorrow silly." I mocked her words from earlier.