chapter nineteen.

Since we weren't having a "traditional wedding," during our planning we got a little stuck when thinking about bachelorette parties. Since our wedding day was a Friday, it would be impractical for either of us, let alone both of us, to go out and party on a Thursday night. I didn't want to do anything big the day before anyway, I really wasn't up to spending the best day of my life nursing a hangover. With our own work schedules, plus those of our friends and including time for the rehearsal dinner, it was difficult to find a time we were all available and in a position to be out all night. So what we decided was that Lauren would take the second weekend of October and I would take the third to go out and celebrate. That way, we could invite everyone and still have someone there to watch Delilah, and if anything messy happened or if the nights got too wild we had time before the wedding to situate everything back to normal.

"Do you know where you guys are going tonight?" I walked up behind my fiancé who was standing in our closet, trying to decide what jewelry to wear with the dress she had picked out. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gently kissed the back of her shoulder.

"Dinah wouldn't tell me, even though I've asked her about thirty times." She huffed. I smiled at her cute frustration.

"Sometimes it's good to be surprised. Makes it more fun." I spoke into her neck before leaving a trail of kisses from her jawline down to her shoulder. Lauren sighed and tilted her head to allow me more room. I took the opportunity given and found my way to that certain spot behind her ear, leaving a few wet kisses and a gentle bite, earning a soft whimper from my fiancé. "You've got to get ready to go pretty girl." I left one last kiss on her shoulder and squeezed her hips before backing away. She turned around sharply and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Why do you do that?" She tossed her hand to the side in frustration and scoffed. I scoffed back at her.

"All I did was kiss you." I feigned annoyance. "Besides, if that's all it takes to get you bothered, who knows? I might just be waiting up for you tonight." I winked before walking out of our closet. As I walked away I heard Lauren grumble to herself, causing me to laugh.

A few moments later she came out in a tiny black tube dress that had a small slit on each thigh, and stripes of short metal pieces across the entire front. She had chosen to wear the necklace I gave her for her birthday and some short black boots with a tall heel. For lack of a better word, she looked sexy.

"You look sexy." I turned around because that wasn't my voice, but Delilah's. Lauren laughed while I just stared at her incredulously.

"Is it okay to call your mom sexy? Is that weird?" Lauren spoke between giggles.

"I mean, it's kinda weird." I looked at Delilah who was giggling herself. "But when your mom is that sexy, I think it's understandable." I shamelessly looked Lauren up and down, motioning with one finger for her to turn around so I could get a view of the back. She rolled her eyes, but complied.

"Wonderful, amazing, fabulous, magnificent," I began listing off any positive adjective I could think of, "superb, beautiful-"

"Sexy!" Delilah shouted out only to burst into a fit of laughter. She laughed so hard she laid on the floor, clutching her stomach. Lauren and I looked and each other and then started laughing ourselves.

"That's the new word I guess." Lauren spoke as we finally calmed down.

"Everything is sexy!" Delilah sent herself into another laughing fit, I smiled and shook my head. Only my child would think that word was hilarious.

"I guess you're right." I looked to Lauren and shrugged my shoulders. Delilah stood up, still giggling to herself, and walked over to wrap her arms around Lauren's legs.