chapter twenty five.

A weekend in the honeymoon suite as just the two of us was something I didn't realize I needed so badly until it happened, I couldn't remember a time where I felt as content. Even though Lauren and I were fortunate enough to get a decent amount of time alone in our day to day life, it was refreshing to be able to put thoughts of work and preschool and laundry aside to focus on each other. I don't think either of us slept at all the first night, only cuddling up to each other after making love until our energy was renewed enough for another round, reeling off of our natural high from the wedding. We had ordered room service for both breakfast and lunch on Saturday during some of those energy renewing breaks, content not to leave the room at all. Eventually we fell asleep in the afternoon, waking up around dinner time. I was still tired, but I didn't want to waste a single moment with Lauren.

"My butt hurts." Lauren pouted and rubbed her right cheek as she stood in the kitchenette, opening a bottle of water.

"Wonder why..." I murmured, raising my eyebrow and smirking when she whipped her head around to give me an unamused face.

"Yeah, thanks." She said dryly.

"Anything for my wife." I sent her a cheesy smile and watched her try to resist her own smile fighting its way through her lips. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Wife." She whispered softly. Her green eyes sparkled as they met my own, saying everything we were feeling without words. I leaned in and gently pressed my lips to hers, lingering for a moment before pulling away.

"My wife." I smiled. "My intelligent, outspoken, beautiful wife." I cupped her face in my palms, leaning back in so our noses were touching, while Lauren tilted her chin up, expecting a kiss. "My wife, who likes it when I spank her." I pecked her lips quickly, pulling away with a wink and a smile. Lauren huffed and pouted, and turned sharply on her heel to walk in the opposite direction.

"Hey, you better come back here young lady! Or I'll put you over my knee again and you'll really be sore!" I laughed to myself as I plopped down on the couch on the far wall, wiggling down so I was stretched across the entire length. Not two seconds later Lauren padded over with crossed arms and an exaggerated pout, taking it upon herself to sit directly on my lap, as if the couch was empty. "There's my good girl." I purred while running my finger up and down the arm closest to me, causing her face to crack a little. I watched her eyes slowly look in my direction, snapping back when she saw I was already looking at her. I giggled and sat up halfway, just enough to wrap my arms around her and pull her down with me. She squealed and instantly melted into my embrace, nuzzling into the crook of my neck and inhaling deeply.

"No babe, I probably smell like sweat, we haven't stopped since last night." I rubbed her lower back as we both giggled.

"We should shower before dinner, I technically still have wedding makeup on." She grimaced, wiping at her faded and slightly smudged day old eyeliner.

"Are you going to make me go in by myself?" I pouted, feigning sadness.

"No, I'll be a good girl and share the shower with you." She bit her bottom lip, looking at me with playful, dark eyes. I raised my eyebrow in challenge. Just as I reached up to pull her in for a kiss, she jumped up and shuffled over to our pile of overnight bags.

"What are you doing pretty girl?"

"Picking out a bath toy." I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"I didn't bring any bath toy-" it finally clicked, and I widened my eyes as I felt my body heat up. Lauren stayed digging through the bag, but had a smirk on her face. I got up from the couch and swiftly made my way to the bathroom. "The butterfly one!" I sang out just before turning on the water. I jumped in before Lauren, rinsing off quickly and already starting on washing my body when she finally stepped in.