7.All About You

*one week later*

I worked so hard for the VS Fashion Show this past week and now I'm exhausted and I just want to sleep. I walked into my condo after being out with the other models Saturday night and collapsed on my bed. of course my phone rings and of course it's Blake. I had to tell him about Paris before it was to late and I had to tell Stephanie by Monday if I would be going which only gave me a day. I didn't want to tell him over the phone though because we have been arguing all week and he's been off his game.

B: "hey."

A: "hi."

B: "why are we doing this?"

A: "Because Blake your only thinking about yourself, you never want me to do my job and you make sure that I know that. I never want you to do yours, but I rather see a smile on your face doing what you love then being pissed at me because I didn't want you to play in your game." Blake breathed hard into the phone. " I just got home and I'm tired so se ya tomorrow when you return from WORK." I hung up and put my phone on Do Not Disturb because knowing Blake he will keep calling or texting me.

I woke up on Sunday morning and went to church. When I got back to my condo Danielle called and wanted me to come over to DJ's for family dinner. I guess she didn't know about Blake and I arguing.

D: "PLEASE COME OVER! You know I hate being alone with the boys."

A: "ok ok I'll come, but just for you." I hung up and went to get dressed. I wore high waisted shorts, a blue crop top with a red bandana and my brown timberland boots.

*At DJ's house*

Everyone was having fun. DJ barbecued, Danielle cooked, and other teammates and their wives or girlfriends were there. I was sitting on the couch talking to Jada(CP3's wife) and Danielle. We were all laughing until the front door closed. Danielle got up to go see who it was and turned the corner with Blake behind her. Danielle smiled, still not knowing the situation, and sat back down. I gave Blake a fake smile just so no one would know something was wrong, but I guess they figured it out once I didn't get up to hug him. Blake walked over to me.

B: "can I have a hug please I haven't seen you in a week." I got up and slightly hugged him. He looked down at me with his brown eyes and I just let go. He just stood there with his hands out looking confused. I sat back down and started talking again and Blake walked away shaking his head.

Jada: "Um what is going on with you two?

A: " Blake is mad at me because I couldn't go to the game this past week because I had to work. He doesn't understand that I have a job too and I could get fired, but being selfish Blake he doesn't care."

D: "why would he get mad over that. He really needs to chill out and just let you breath and why would he want you to go to a game out of town and none of the other girls were going?"

A: "i don't know, but thats Blake for ya." DJ called everyone into the living room to watch the OKC vs Knicks game and being in a house full of NBA players does not help with the intensity of the game at all. DJ got up at half time and put a movie into the DVD player! Everyone was super confused. A song started to play and he walked over to Danielle.

DJ: "Dan I love you so much. You keep me calm when I need it, you make me feel good about myself when others tear me down, and you mean the world to me." DJ got down on one knee and pulled out a box and opened it. On the screen behind him was a video of him saying "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" The most beautiful ring glistened in the light. Danielle's hands went straight to her face.

D: "YES!!!" She hugged DJ and we all clapped. As I stood in the corner Blake's hands wrapped around my waist. I looked up at him and he whispered in my ear, "I love you so much I'm sorry." I turned around and hugged him. I mouthed to him "talk later?" He nodded and kissed me. Danielle and DJ then walked over to us and we congratulated them.

D: "your next!" I just raised my eyebrows and laughed. I never really thought about marrying Blake especially now that we realized how our schedules were so different during the season, but one thing I never did was ask Danielle how her and DJ got through it. As people started to leave I told Blake I was going home to sleep since I had an off day tomorrow. He walked me out to my car.

B: "why don't you just come over my house tonight I have an off day tomorrow too."

A: "Honestly I'm not feeling it right now, but maybe we can do lunch."

B: " See Aubrey this is the sh*t I be talking about. We both have an off day and you don't want to come over after a long week of not seeing each other and of bball and all I want to do is be in bed with you and wake up next to you." Blake's voice was rising.

A: "Blake I'm tired of arguing with you. I just need space right now. I said lunch tomorrow so well talk then." I opened my car door and left leaving Blake standing in the driveway.