32. My Lucky Charm

Aubrey's P.O.V
I walked down stairs to Lorenzo sitting on the bottom of the steps. When he heard me behind him he quickly got up from his seat.
Lorenzo: "I'm so sorry.... I told him you said...." I cut him off.
Aubrey: "it's ok! I want you to know that our relationship has to stay professional and what we had is in the past and if you can't do that then I'm sorry but this will not work."
Lorenzo: "no I totally agree Ms. McDonald."
I smiled and walked down to the front door and Blake came up behind me. I turned around to see and him and Lorenzo shaking hands. I smirked a little and kept going.
Blake and I got into his Range Rover and headed back to hospital. As we arrived the flashes from the paparazzi cameras went off. Blake and I quickly covered her eyes as we exited the car. I put my hand in my coat pocket so that none of the flashes would catch the new accessory on my hand. He walked halfway over to my side of the car and grabbed my right hand and we walked into the hospital. We stopped in front of the door.
Aubrey:"I just want you to know that my dad isn't doing so well and just please be there for me. Let's not argue please like I can't do this right now I just need you on my side." He grabbed me closer and kissed me.
Blake: "I know babe and I'm here and I'll always be here remember." I like that. I liked when he reassured me. "And after all of this maybe we can take a trip just you and I?" I shook my head!
He and I walked into the room and my moms hand were on her face. She quickly looked up as I walked over to her. She got up from her chair and grab my hands.
Mom: "Your father will be okay. They are going to get him out of the coma tomorrow and start his treatments next week. Blake thank you so much for being there for my daughter but both of you should go back home now. He will be fine and I'll call you every day with updates Aubrey you need to continue your career. "
Aubrey: "but mom"
Mom: "no buts Aubrey! You need to get some rest and take care of that wonderful man you have standing behind you." I smiled.
Aubrey: "mom stop! Blake and I are engaged!" I lifted my hand to show her the ring. Her mouth flew open in shock!
Mom: "oh my goodness congratulations guys! Let me see it." She stared at the huge ring on my finger. "It's beautiful!" As she said that the door opened and carrie walked in with two cups of coffee. I turned around with my hand still in the air. Her hands went straight to her mouth!
Carrie: "oh my! That is beautiful congrats!" She hugged us. We said our goodbyes and walked out of the room.
Aubrey: "so are we telling the whole world were engaged yet or should we wait!"
Blake: "whatever you want babe it's your ring!"
Aubrey: "I think we should wait!" I look down at my hand! "Baby I love it!" I reach up and kiss him and hugged him tightly. We grab hand and walk out of the hospital doors.