Getting #FEATURED

Ahhh... getting #FEATURED here on Wattpad is almost the equivalent of being shortlisted on the #WATTY'S, almost.

But sadly, it is not.

Being #FEATURED used to be a badge of honor for writers, enabling them to tout the *NOW A FEATURED STORY* phrase that induced thousands upon thousands to make a mad dash for their story to find out what was soooo wonderful about their story as opposed to ours.

Let me let you in on a little secret.

Nothing.

Have any of you read any of these masterpieces that are now #FEATURED??? Have you? HAVE YOU?

Well, I have. For the past few days, I've been checking these beauts out and guess what??? The majority of them SUCK and not like little suck, I can get past a few things, but SUCK DONKEY KONG SUCK!!!

Call me jealous, it's all right, I invoke full hypocritical status with this chapter. I'm jelly, I know it, and I don't care who else knows it as well. So before any of you are like "You're just jealous that they haven't contacted you."

 Guess what??? You're 1000% right!!!

Here's the thing, I can understand why Wattpad has not knocked on my door asking for my POS to be #FEATURED. I get it. My stories suck. Big time. I accept that, and I'm becoming a better writer every day to improve. But come on, seriously??? Some of these wonderful writers cannot use a comma to save their ass. I'm not even sure they know what a comma looks like. Their plots are sub par/unoriginal, and the flow in some of these stories is laughable.

Before there was a vetting process. An application that was considered and pondered upon at great length to determine if you were deemed worthy. Or someone had pondered it, even if it was just the person doing the application.

Is this really any good?

And guess what? The majority of the masses were not.

That was a fair process

That was a fair process. An understandable and acceptable process. But now it's about having that #FEATURED tag or knowing the "right peps" to get your shiz seen.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall, or a devil on the shoulder of whomever decides who and what should be #FEATURED now.

Don't get me wrong, there are some outstanding stories that have been #FEATURED and they are very much deserving. But most, just pale in comparison.

Another thing that pisses me off. Some of these writers have been #FEATURED not just once, not twice, but three or more times!!! 

Come on WP whomever. Are there really only a handful of writers on this site? Is the world actually that small?

There are millions of stories on here just waiting to see the limelight, but for 99% of everyone else, some shall be favored above others.

Something else that makes me think... why are there writers getting #FEATURED when they haven't posted or been active on the site in months??? Wouldn't it be far better to showcase a new writer who is interacting with readers, growing a fanbase rather than someone who has clearly moved on, and will not take the time to even respond to comments?

Just a few things to consider this wonderful Monday morning. Maybe I'm alone in this? Maybe I wish WP was more like a democracy where we could ask for things to be more fairly handled, but alas, it is not.

 Maybe I'm alone in this? Maybe I wish WP was more like a democracy where we could ask for things to be more fairly handled, but alas, it is not