Make Me Scream

We have all been there and please don't lie to me. Secretly, when we think not a single solitary person is watching we, as readers, have jumped into a steamy erotica just to see what all of the hype is about (yeah, right. Just to see, huh?).

To cuddle up on your couch, cocooned in the warmth of your favorite blanket, with coffee, wine, or hot cocoa in hand, you turn the first page. Should I add the looks you throw over your shoulder, with every noise, even when knowing the house is empty?

Yeah, we've all been there and done that, yet the embarrassment we would endure if someone found out our dirty little secret and labeled us sexually promiscuous is enough to make us hid our inner, kinky demon.

If we must risk this mortification, do you not think it should be well worth it? Should the story have a least an engaging story-line other than chapter after chapter of steamy interludes(You can skip to the copulation sections if you want. Dog tag those bastards)? At least when found out, you could concede that you read it for the plot and suspense. The erotic ugly-bumping was only a bonus (I believe your hubby or boyfriend claims he reads Playboy for the interesting articles—Right?).

Now, I do love a good sex scene. You did see the word "good." —Correct? I am a person that wants to feel and experience what the female character is experiencing, and if the author is incredible, I may perceive that male's as well.

To be able to put a love scene in detail an author has to have a big-girl vocabulary, and I find many are lacking this craft. If your internal glossary only consists of the words pussy, cock, and cum, please refrain from further writing. Actually, I don't want to see these words used more than once.

Let us start with the word cum. Yes, I know what it means and I'm aware of what is involved in getting there. Do you? I don't want to read, "After he repeatedly pounded her from behind, she came hard and yelled out." This lack of detail does not cause my skin to flush, my heart to race or my palms to dampen. A reader wants to find him or herself in the moment with your leading roles. He or she wants to feel the touch, smell the arousal, and endure and behold what you as the writer are depicting (Make them think about it all day long and well into the night if you know what I mean).

We, the readers, want carefully, detailed descriptions of not only the act but the feelings of your characters. When he touches her in this way, how is she responding? Does it feel good? Is it titillating? Does she just want the act to be over (You can admit it. We've all been there)?

I don't know about you, but ten dollar kindling ticks me off. If I buy a book with the hopes of a little sensual escape from reality, it had better be good. There have been times that I have almost thrown my kindle into the fiery heat of my fireplace and walked away with no compensation and pissed as hell. When my sex life is better than the one that the author puts together, there is something seriously wrong!

If you have no sexual experience except internet porn(and there is nothing wrong with that), please do not waste the reader's precious time. Believe it or not, the closet nymphos actually want to read the good stuff too. This means that you have to put some emotion into the act.

The words pussy and cock are so impersonal, and I don't even call my lady-parts that. Broaden your vocabulary; the urban dictionary is there for your benefit (And it's hysterical as hell).

I do not need every dirty detail as long as the author can pull me in;  my imagination will fly high on its own accord.

We all know the inner secrets of sex, and I really don't need to read about every triviality. I already know that the female partner in this sexy story keeps a cum catcher (towel) under her bed to spit into when the idiot she is with knowingly blows a big one in her mouth without asking permission. I am also aware that she pockets his tip in her cheek while he has her head in a stronghold so that she cannot pull away before the"There she blows!" moment hits her square in the taste buds, causing her to projectile puke onto the pure white carpeting at her knees(This has only happened to me once. There is only so much pineapple a man can eat, and it still tastes awful). But alas, since I have lived it, I do not need to be reminded.

Depict your beautiful act with class and perfection. Allow the reader to fall into your main character's body and live through her, if only for a short time.

If you have savvy with your writing endeavors, there may be a scream of ecstasy at the end not only from your lead figure but the very mouth of your reader, and for that we thank you.