Chapter 26- Moving On

Chapter 26

Moving on

Another month has gone by, yet, for me it felt as though time was standing still. Even with Amy's body beside mine as we lay here in the hospital, waiting and waiting. Time was ticking away above our heads but we weren't going anywhere. Right now, nothing was happening. Countless people walked by searching for their loved ones, or doctors and nurses rushing to save a life. I could feel Amy's breath against my neck as she held me close, trying to comfort me as best as she possibly could. 

Since i had spoken to my sister on the phone, and after rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night searching for my mother. We found that she had already woken up from passing out during a drinking session with her boyfriend. I should have known it had to do with drinking, she lied to me. A promise or two wasn't enough for her clearly. Although, right now, i couldn't care less about the fact that she had drank again, or had brought her stupid boyfriend back into her life. It was the fact that after a month, she was still laying in a hospital bed, sick, very sick. 

The doctors just kept on telling me she needed to rest because she was suffering from alcohol poisining and was vomiting blood. When i heard, the tears never stopped. It was too late to save her, because she was already addicted. Or maybe she didn't stop, because she didn't know dangerous it could be. After a couple of weeks in hospital, she was ready to come out, until they had discovered something else about her kidneys that they wouldn't tell me about, until they had figured it all out themselves, and whether there was something, actually wrong. Now, here she was again, back in her hospital bed, resting more than she had ever rested.

Amy and i were perfect together, she was constantly there for me, even when i told her i wanted to be alone. She saw past my barrier and held me, saying how 'nobody wants to be alone'. Truth was, she was absolutely right. I used to be alone all the time, i wouldn't  be able to handle that again. I knew how much she loved me and i loved her. After we made love that night, we were inseparable more than ever, no one could separate us, not even if they tried. 

When i did sleep, she was there to sleep by my side. When i couldn't sleep, she was there to make sure i did sleep, by kissing my forehead and telling me everything would be fine. Exams had passed by now. Luckily, the teachers knew about my situation and allowed me to take the exam a week later than it originally was, giving me more time to prepare. Of course, i studied hard each day, even though i was worried about my mother, i sat by her side at the hospital bed and studied. Amy helped  me through it too by coming to after school sessions to help me with my work. Including Sophie, who had been there for me too these past couple of weeks.

As for Anna, she was coping to say the least. After she had told her parents about the baby, they agreed to look after the baby while she went college. They were angry about the situation, but they knew she was capable of working hard to give the best for her child. Luckily, they weren't bothered about her sexuality, they were more panicked about her being a mother at the age of sixteen. I was pretty scared for her as well. Anna was alone in this, besides her parents and i, she had no one else. Amy had tried to understand her situation and help her like i did, but she had her own problems, which apparently were my problems. Considering we were a couple now, she said my problems were hers and that she would help me through it. I smiled at that, she was really trying her hardest to make me happy. I had the best girlfriend in the world. 

"Hey, you ok? You've been quiet for ages now?" I felt a shuffle beside me as she wrapped her arm around my waist and nuzzled her head into my neck. She was too adorable to handle. Right now, we were sitting outside my mothers room waiting for her test results about her kidneys. If it wasn't for Amy, holding me beside her, i would have ran up to the desk down the hall by now, screaming bloody murder, for someone to tell me what's going on. Unfortunately, if i did that, i'd probably get kicked out by security, which Amy wouldn't like.