Snowflakes - Intro

Some readers might find this story disturbing. I do not recommend reading this story if you are sensitive to blood or triggers.

(Tuesday) Alexis's POV: It was early spring. There was still some snow left from winter. It was still a bit cold though, so I was wearing my winter jacket. As I was walking home, I heard kids yelling my name. I stopped for a moment. I didn't notice they had been following me. I decided to ignore them and kept on walking. They were probably just some stupid boys from my class. They always used to pick on me. I wouldn't call it bullying though.

When I got home, my mom welcomed me with a big, warm, hug. She gently kissed my forehead.

"How was school?"

"Fine, I guess." I forced a smile. She looked at me with a bit of concern. Then she walked back into the kitchen. I took off my jacket and hung it on a hook. Then I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. Since when did I become so tired? I laid down and looked at the ceeling. I couldn't keep my eyes open and soon I slowly drifted away to sleep.

"Dinner's ready!" I heard my mom shout from the kitchen. I groaned and got up. I was still tired. I rubbed my eyes and walked into the kitchen. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I felt the smell of the food. Macaroni and cheese. My favorite food. The kitchen was pretty small. There was a square table with two chairs. My mom already sat down on a chair. There was one chair left for me. I sat down.

Oh, where my dad is? I don't know. I don't think anyone knows. We don't even know if he is alive. He has been gone for years. My whole life to be exact. When he found out that my mom was pregnant with me he just left her. He didn't say a word. At least that's what my mom told me. We don't talk about him that often. The only thing I know about him is that he has ice blue eyes. Just like me.

[End of chapter 400 words]

Sorry for the short chapter but it's just an intro so yeah.. I hope you liked it.

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。