Nerves

(Tuesday) Jolene's POV: I stepped on the bus crowded with students. The loud voices of young students mixed into one big murmur. Desperately, I looked around, trying to find an empty seat. The bus suddenly started to drive and I grabbed the back of a seat to not fall by the sudden movement. Holding on to the seats I walked further into the bus, still looking for somewhere to sit. I looked down at the dirty bus floor when I realized there was so use looking for an empty seat. All seats were taken. Long locks of my curly hair hung down and I tucked it into the back of my ear.  A warm hand touched my shoulder and I looked up in surprise. I immediately recognized the mint green hair and the thin, brown eyes that belonged to Kyung. He moved to the other seat and put his backpack in his lap to give me some space. I gave him a gentle smile, this time it was a real one. I took the heavy bag of my shoulders and sat down. I put the pastel blue bag in my lap, just like Kyung did with his bag.

"Hey. I saved a seat for ya." He smirked at me to see how I would react.

"I see. Thank you." I said and smiled at him because I knew that was what he wanted to see. There was an awkward silence and I started to get bored. There was not really a silence when you thinking about it, due to all the students babbling nonstop with each other. Carefully I pulled up my sleeve and studied the rose I drew on my wrist with the black marker. Slowly, my skinny fingers followed the black lines.

"Woah, is that real?" He said with a gasp. I giggled a bit at Kyung's reaction.

"Of course it isn't real. But I'd like it to be." I pulled up my sleeve again.

I let out a short sigh and leaned onto Kyung's shoulder. He rested his warm hand on my head but then started playing with a long lock of my curly hair between his fingers.

"I love your hair." He told me, still playing with a lock of my hair.

"I love yours."

"Really? My dad think that it's weird."

"Meh. I like it."

Suddently the buss stopped and all the students rushed out of the bus, all at once.

"Geez, calm down." Kyung sighed. I agreed with him though. There was no need to be like that...

The same stuff happened in the class, as it always does. People threw airplanes at each other until one accidently hit the teacher in the face. It was a bit funny but the teacher went nuts. The rumors had been starting to spread around like a wild virus and soon everyone in the whole school knew about Alexis. During the lunch break some girls came up to me while Kyung and I were having lunch. Two were blonde, the other one had jet black hair.

"Well hello there! It's so nice to see you again." One of the blonde girls said to us.

"Just leave us alone, Zoey." Kyung said with a bit of annoyance in his voice. I assumed that the blonde girl who just spoke to us was called Zoey.

"Oh, you don't want me to destroy your cute moment with Jolene? Is she your girlfriend now? Zoey let out a mean laugh, that kind of annoying laugh that just want to shut up.

"He's no-" I tried to explain, but Zoey wouldn't let me say a word.

"I see, you're still deeply in love with that other gay girl, Alexis." Zoey's annoying voice wouldn't stop. She just kept going. Kyung's body language got more tense and the anger was boiling in his dark brown eyes. You could see that he tried so hard not to let his impulses control him.

"So fucking disgusting." The girl with jet black hair said. The tone of her voice was filled with disgusting and hate. The words kept flying out of her mouth, one by one. And with every word she said, it stabbed into my chest. I took in the words, agreeing with them.

Suddently, Kyung snapped and rapidly got out of the chair, making it screech against the tiled floor. He stood up, breathing slowly but deep. You could see his chest moving through his green shirt if you looked close.

"You should BACK THE FUCK OFF!" Kyung yelled in her face followed by his hand slapping Zoey's face, full of makeup. She put her hand on her red cheek and stared at him with a shocked face.

"Don't get on my nerves again. 'Cause if you do, I'll kill your ass. Come on Jolene." I hurried to get out of the chair to get away from the girls and followed Kyung out of the canteen trough the corridor.

"I didn't finish my lunch..." I mumbled.

"Are you still hungry?" He asked me.

Not really..." That was a lie.

"I could buy you some food, you know." Kyung offered.

"It's alright." I told him. I didn't want him to waste his money on me. Instead, I tried to change the subject.

"I'm visiting Alexis after school today. Do you wanna come with me?" I offered him.

"Of course." He responded.

It was not really a offer when I think about it. I felt safe around him, that was all. It wasn't all. That was not the truth. He had always been there for me, ever since I met him he had always been my company. He protected me from all the evil things in this world. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's how I feel. Maybe I wasn't in love with him. Maybe he was just like a temporary replacement for Alexis. I knew that Alexis was the one I truly loved. But she had been gone for weeks. I missed her everyday, though I tried my best to distract my mind from thinking about her. I knew that it would only cause pain.

[End of chapter 1029 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。