Bony

(Later that Tuesday) Jolene's POV: We slowly walked our way towards the hospital. It felt weird. It was like Alexis lived there now, somehow. It was almost like visiting your grandma at an elderly home. I never had a grandma, but I could imagine how it felt like since I had my grandpa. I gave Jolene a quick glance before we walked through the entrance. The doors opened without a sound and as soon as we got into the building, I felt the light smell of clean a bathroom. The axniety was eating me up from the inside. I had this feeling, that something wasn't right. It was stronger than usual and I could do nothing to supress it.

"You okay?" I asked Kyung since I wanted to concentrate on something else than my axniety.

"Yeah." He mumbled. I didn't really believe her but I let go of the thought.

We continued trough the endless corridors and a nurse lead us to Alexis's room. She slowly opened the door with a simple smile. I walked inside and my heart almost stopped. There she was. She had lost all her hair due to the strong treatments, her eyes sank in and left dark cirkles under her usually big, joyful eyes. Her icy blue eyes were no longer blue... they were gray and tired. She no longer had that sparkle in her eyes. There was almost no fat left on her face. Her cheekbones were the first thing you noticed when you looked at her. She looked so sick.

"Oh my god..." Kyung said with his hands covering his mouth, making his voice muffled. My eyes started to get watery. All the feelings I had inside just poured out along with my tears. The warm liquid ran down my cheeks without an end. This was not the Alexis I knew. I walked up to her and gently held her hand. It was cold and skinny. I looked her right in the eyes, still crying my eyes out.

"Alexis... I love you." I sobbed.

"I love you too, Jolene." She looked at me with pain in her eyes. Her voice was weak and small. My heart ached inside my chest. I wanted her to stay here, with me. I was afraid that she was too weak.

"Promise me that you'll never forget me. I don't think I'm strong enough to stay here with you. My time is running out... I know it scares you. It scares me too. You have to try and live without me. I have fought so hard but it's already too late. You're going to stay strong without me." She took a deep breath and closed her tired eyes.

"No, no no, NO! Alexis. ALEXIS!" I grabbed her bony shoulders and shaked her. My heart started beating faster and faster. This was not happening. It's a nightmare. It had to be.

"WE NEED HELP!" Kyung shouted out the corridor. His eyes were filled with tears and with voice was shaking. Nurses and doctors came rushing in and then forcing us out of the room. I looked at Alexis one last time before the locked us out. I screamed and hit the door but there was no point. They were not going to let me in. I kept screaming and bashed my head against the wall when Kyung grabbed me and help me close to him.

"Let me go." I cried. He held me closer when I resisted and I yelled into his chest.

"Schh..." I relaxed and let him hold me. I just cried and cried. His gray T-shirt was stained with my tears. He acted so calm but I knew that he was hurting too. He just didn't want me to see it.

Suddently the door opened and a doctor stepped out. His name tag said "Dr. Adams."

"I'm so sorry to tell you this, but-" I already knew what he was going to tell me. And I didn't want to hear it.

"NO!" I screamed at him. He stepped back out of fear and I let myself fall down to the floor and cry.

"Jolene..." Kyung started but he couldn't continue the sentence.

"LET ME BE!" I screamed at everyone who touched or talked to me. Someone grabbed me by the arms in a strong grip and I couldn't get out of it. My eyes searched for Kyung one last time. He just stood there. Crying. I was dragged on the hospital floor and they took me to a room. They finally let go of my arms and closed to door behind me to prevent me from escaping. I looked up and realized that the person who had been dragging me was a blonde doctor. His name tag said "Dr. Williams." He was wearing a pair of small glasses and looked kindly at me. I wouldn't let him trick me. I didn't smile back, I just looked away. The room had a pastel yellow wallpaper and there was a bed with a folded blanket on it. In the right corner there was a TV as well. Was I going to stay here now? I stared at the blonde man in confusion.

"You're going to stay here for a while and take a few tests and then we are eventually going to take you to a better place." He explained to me.

"What? Where?!" I asked him.

"To a psychiatric hospital." He smiled.

"Don't you fucking smile at me!" I yelled. What the hell was wrong with this dude? I was doing just fine and he was going to take me into a psychiatric hospital?!

"Lay down in the bed for a while and I'll be right back." He told me. What if he was lying? What if he enver came back and I was stuck here forever? I mumbled something for an answer and sat down in the bed. I realized that my phone was still in my pocket and picked it up.

"1 text message from Alexis." My heart jumped out of shock and I quickly opened the message.

"I love you."

[End of chapter 1026 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。