Get out

Jolene's POV: Loud footsteps echoed in the long corridor. Shit. I had been too loud. Josephine quickly got off me and moved to the other bed. The door flew open and two nurses walked in. I recognized the blonde nurse. Her name was Dorothy. She was the one who usually checked on me every 30 minutes. Today her hair was put up in a messy braid.

"What is going on here?" Dorothy asked angrily. None of us answered. I looked down on my pale hands, avoiding eye contact with everyone. The other nurse stood in the door frame in case one of us tried to escape. My bloody and bruised chest suddenly caught her attention and she rapidly walked closer to me.

"Who did this?" She asked me with a strict tone. I slowly turned to Josephine. Her hands were shaking out of fear and she had a harm time to keep them still in her lap.

"You're gonna have to be moved to another room, Jolene. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. You choose. Remember that this is for your own safety." The nurse simply told me. I was not going. That's one thing I was sure about.

"No! I'm not going. DON'T EVEN DARE TO TOUCH ME!" I screamed out of fear to the nurse.
The other nurse helped her to keep me in control and they dragged me out of the room with a strong grip. I looked at Josephine one last time before disappeared out of my view. "I'm sorry." She silently mouthed to me with tears in her eyes.

Assholes. They're assholes. Don't understand shit.
I'm not even allowed to leave this room to eat in the cafeteria due to "safety" so they just leave a tray of food in here as if I was a fucking dog. I threw my empty tray on the white wall out of frustration and it hit it with a loud slam. I absolutely hated being in here. There was nothing to do in here. I wasn't allowed to use my phone since I misbehaved so I was pretty much forced to sit here with all my thoughts slowly driving me insane. My dad was an abusive alcoholic in prison, my mom was all alone at home and Alexis was dead, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was just starting to get closer with Josephine and then they just take her away from me.

I found Josephine's little collection of pills in her nightstand when I was looking for my hair brush. I knew what she was planning to do but I was too scared to say anything. I could have told a nurse or literally anyone but I didn't. If she dies from overdosing, it'll be my fault. Because I'm too stupid. The growing rage built up inside of me and eventually, it boiled over. I screamed my lungs out until my voice started to hurt and I couldn't breathe anymore. My fists hit the ugly wall full of marks one by one and I didn't stop until they were sore and full of wounds. The blood ran from my knuckles and along my fingers until drip by drip hit the gray stone floor. The tears burned behind my eyes and I dropped to the cold floor like a puddle.
Get out of my head. Get out of my fucking head.

Josephine's POV: A few minutes after the nurse closed the door, I quietly pulled the drawer of my nightstand. 20 white pills were in there, just as I expected. It was late at night now, so this would be the perfect moment. I put all of them in my hands and walked into the bathroom. Filled up a plastic mug with water from the sink. I swallowed the pills one by one along with the cold water. I sat down on the cold and hard bathroom floor, still holding the empty plastic mug. I thought that, now it would finally be over. The nausea grew quickly inside me. My stomach eventually resisted to take in the pills and I puked into the sink. It wasn't enough to get all of the pills out of my system. Carefully, I cleaned the sink with a bit of water to remove all tracks. I tried to resist to puke again and went back to bed. I couldn't stay in the bathroom because the nurse would find me in there and try to take me to hospital. I didn't want that. I didn't want to survive. I laid down in bed and pulled the blanket over my head, like I always do. I didn't want people to see me when I was asleep. If someone came in, they would see me lay in bed just like I was asleep and they wouldn't suspect a thing. I drifted further and further away. The little life that was still in me slowly faded away.

No one saw me. And I never woke up.

[End of chapter 1003 words]

_____________________________________

[Author's note]
This is the final chapter of "Stuck between life and death". With other words, this story is completed. I hope you enjoyed it! I am working on a few stories at the moment and I will publish them soon.

~Alexis