Alone again

(Saturday) Alexis POV: The next morning I woke up in my bed as if nothing happened. I was so confused...  I'm sure something happened yesterday. Or? It could have been a dream. Yeah it must have been. I can't explain it any other way. Ugh... my head hurts. It was already bright outside. Why hadn't mom woken me up yet?  I reached out to my nightstand to grab my phone when I noticed a note. I carefully picked it up.

"Meet me at the park at 12:30. Jolene." Her handwriting was neat and easy to read.

I checked the time. 12:10. I also got a text from mom.

11:34 - "Hey I'm at the store. I didn't wanna wake you up since you were asleep. Are you feeling alright?

12:11 - "Yeah I'm fine. Can I hangout with Jolene for a bit?"

12:12 - "Sure, but grab some breakfast first." Ugh... I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I wasn't hungry anyway.

Wait, Jolene left a note right? That means she was here. That is really weird... How did she get in my house?

When I finally arrived at the park I saw her sitting on a bench. I walked up to her. She smiled.

"I'm taking you to the cinema."

"I love the cinema! What are we going to see?"

"One of my favourite horror movies. The jumpscares still scare me even though I watched it a thousand times." She laughed and I laughed with her. People stared at us but I didn't care. We walked to the cinema together. We talked about everything. I noticed we were getting really close. I'm glad I finally had a friend. Or was she more than a friend?

We arrived at the cinema and we bought a bunch of candy and popcorn. Was she really going to pay for all of that?

"Are you sure you don't want me to pay? Jolene looked up to me.

"Yeah it's fine. Don't worry about it!" I got that feeling again. That kind of bubbly feeling with a bit of nervosity. I hugged her. She looked suprised at first but hugged back.

"Come on now, we don't wanna miss the movie!"

We sat down in our seats and the movie started. I loved jumpscares but hated them at the same time. They gave me that kind of excitement but gave me a small heart attack. I loved hanging out with Jolene. I had never met anyone like her before. Suddently a face appeared on the big screen. I screamed and grabbed Jolene's hand. She giggled.

When the movie ended we went shopping. We looked at dresses. She grabbed a dress and said that she was going to try it. It was a short black dress and it was kind of shimmery. It fit perfectly to her body. She was absolutely gorgeous. My heart started beating faster.

"How do I look?" Jolene asked.

"You look stunning!" Her cheeks turned red and she looked down at her feet. I noticed that she was wearing a necklace. Now that I think about it, she was always wearing it. I just didn't notice it at first I guess. It was very beautiful.

"Alright." After 20 minutes of searching I finally found a dress that I liked. It was a simple white dress decorated with a pink flower on the side of the waist. It was a bit too big since I lost a bunch of weight.

"Hmm.. Is there a smaller size?" I found a smaller size and changed into that one. It fit a lot better.

"That's perfect. Do you want me to pay for it?"

"That's kind of you but you don't need to pay for everything, Jolene."

"Alright." She giggled a bit. After that we went to a restaurant to grab some food. I ordered some pasta and meatballs from the kids menu because of two reasons.

1. I don't eat a lot when I do actually eat.

2. I'm a picky eater.

She ordered some kind of salad.

We payed for the food and said goodbye to each other. She gave me a warm long hug before she walked home. She looked back once. I felt alone again as soon as she was gone. It was like she was potecting me... I now noticed how cold it was outside. My phone  suddently started ringing. Mom?

"Incomming call from unknown number"

Not again... I clicked decline. I didn't wanna talk to that creepy man right now. I never wanted to talk to him again to be honest. I felt shivers down my back. I started walking home. I heard whispering.

"You're scared, aren't you?" I tried to ignore the voices in my head. "You can't escape from your own mind." I started walking faster. Tears started to fill my eyes. "COWARD! They voices were screaming at me. The worst thing is that what they said was true. "You can't escape from your own mind." I was running down the street. I didn't even know where I was trying to run but I kept running anyway. I need to get away from here. From all the people.

I ran into someone but I didn't care at this point. I was still carrying the dress that Jolene and I bought in a bag in my left hand. "You're ridiculous." I screamed at the voices to let me be. People stared at me. In fell down on my knees on the cold ground. Suddently Jolene was there. She looked very concerned but she didn't say a thing. She walked up to me and put her hand on my head. Everything turned black, once again.

[End of chapter 1012 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。