Unknown

(Friday) Alexis POV: The next day I couldn't wait to get to school. I wanted to see her again. Her beautiful brown doe eyes... And her cute little nose that was covered in freckles. I jumped out of bed and opened my wardrobe. I needed to look good. I wanted her to notice me. It didn't matter what I wore before but now it did. I put on a blue top and a pair of skinny jeans. It wasn't much but at least it looked better than a gray hoodie and a pair of trashy jeans. I quickly put on my shoes and my jacket. I almost forgot my backpack.

"Bye mom!" I yelled. I didn't have time to wait for a response. I ran all the way to school. I was exhausted when I finally arrived. Then I saw her. My heart started beating faster. She was sitting on a bench with her nose in a book. She was wearing a big scarf around her neck, a dark blue hat and a black jacket. Was I going to introduce myself? I wanted to talk her so badly but I was scared that I would say something wrong. I walked up to her anyway.

"Hey." I said casually. Jolene looked up from her book, looking a bit suprised.

"Hello." She smiled at me. Dimples appeared on each side of her cheeks. My heart jumped. Her smile was so beautiful. I smiled back.

"My name is Alexis. I sit next one bench away from you." Why did I say that??? Why would she care where my bench was?

"Oh that's right. I recognize you now." There was an akward silence. I looked down at my phone. The clock was 9:28. Crap.

"Um, the class starts in 2 minutes." She quickly closed her book and put it in her bag and got up.

"Let's go then." We went to class together. I blushed a bit but she didn't notice it.

During class I felt someone tap on my shoulder. It was Jolene. She passed me a note.

"Let's hang out after school."  Her handwriting was very neat.

"Sure, where though?"

"At my place?

"Okay, but you better pay attention to the teacher now. I heard her giggle quietly when she read the note I gave her. Was this a friend? Or? I never really had a friend so I didn't know what to think of this. It all was new for me.

When school was over I saw her waiting for me under a big tree. She was reading a book, even though it was freezing outside.

"Why are you reading all the time?" I asked her.

"Because it makes me feel like I'm escaping from reality." She looked me in the eyes. There was something about her. I couldn't explain it. Her eyes were as deep as the ocean. I couldn't speak. There was a long silence again, but this time it was not akward. It was... different.

"C'mon let's go." We started walking down the street. We finally arrived at a red house.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to follow you home?"

"Of course!" She smiled at me again. We entered the house. Crap. I forgot to tell my mom that I will be late home. What if she is worried about me?

"Do you wanna see my room?"

"Just a moment, I need to send my mom a text."

I took my phone out of my pocket.

"1 missed call from unknown number" Again? I don't understand. Someone is clearly trying to contact me. I ignored it and sent my mom a text.

"I'm at a friend's house."

Suddently Jolene grabbed my hand and then we walked up the stairs. We brought our bags. In her room there was a big bookshelf. There was also a desk and a bed with a bunch of pillows. It looked really comfortable so I sat down. It was so tidy and organized. The complete opposite of my room.

"Your room is really pretty!" I said and smiled.

"Thank you." She sat down on the bed too.

Then we started studying. She moved closer to me and put her finger on a sentence in the textbook.

"What does this mean?" She looked at me.

I blushed but tried to explain what it meant.

A few hours later my mom called me.

"I need to go home." I told her.

"Oh okay..." She looked a bit disappointed. I grabbed my clothes and my bag and then I left.

"Bye Jolene!"

"I'll see you at school tomorrow." She closed the door.

As I was walking home it started raining. It was pitch black outside. It wasn't that cold though. I couldn't stop thinking about Jolene. I had feelings for her... What if she didn't like me in that way? It's better to not say anything about it. I don't wanna ruin our friendship. If she actually does have feelings for me, I'll wait for her to tell me first.

When I got home my mom was pretty angry. She was waiting for me in the kitchen. She was holding both hands on her hips.

"Don't you understand that you need to ask for my permission first?" I looked down at my feet.

"Mom, I'm 14 years old..." I sighed.

"That doesn't mean you can go wherever you want to go. You're late too."

"Ugh, you're so annoying!" I yelled at her.

"Don't talk to me in that tone!" She yelled back.

"Can you just leave me alone for gods sake?!" I screamed.

"I just care about you... I don't wanna lose you." Her eyes were now filled with tears. Then she just walked away. What have I done...? I made my own mother cry. I'm the worst daughter ever. Maybe that's why dad didn't want me... Because I'm... worthless. My phone started ringing. I jumped in suprise. I walked up to my desk where my phone was.

"Incoming call from unknown number"

I took a deep long breath and answered.

"Hello?"

"Alexis." He.. he knew my name?! The person who answered had a dark voice. It was definitely a man.

"How do you know my name?" I tried to not sound scared but I failed.

"I know more than you think I do." He laughed. I shivered all the way down my back. My heart was beating faster and faster. My hands were shaking so much that I almost dropped my phone.

"Tell me who you are!" My voice was shaking.

"Oh honey, you'll soon find out." He laughed and  then he hung up. I suddently got really dizzy. I should lay down, I thought. As I was walking to my bed, I lost control of my body and fell to the floor. I  could hear my phone fall to the floor as well. Next thing I remember is that my vision turned blurry. My head was filled with voices. They got louder and louder until they suddently stopped. Then everything turned black.

[End of chapter 1180 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。