Babo

(One week later, Saturday) Jolene's POV: I finally convinced my mom to let me visit Alexis in the hospital. I hardly got any sleep last night, due to all that worrying about Alexis. Mom stopped the car and we started walking into the building. Nurses and doctors were running all over the place. It looked like a stressful job. A job that I didn't want. I mean, when you're working in a hospital you help people, right? But what if you can't help a person? Wouldn't you feel guilty about that person's death? At least I knew I would...

We finally got the rooms number and proceeded walking our way there. Number 356. There were so many rooms here when I think about it... So many sick people. You can't help all of them. What if Alexis is one of the persons who can't be saved? I tried to ignore my thoughts but it was hard. They were inside my head after all. I slowly opened the door to her rooom.

Alexis was laying in a hospital bed, I couldn't tell if she was awake. On the side of the bed, there was this machine that kept beeping. Kind of annoying, but I got used to it after a while. She was wearing a long, white hospital gown. I now noticed that her eyes were wide open. As if she was staring at something. But there was nothing there except the plain ceiling. She looked like a ghost. Her face was pale and her lips were light pink. Her cheekbones were showing and her lips looked very dry. I was shocked with what I saw. She looked extremly sick. Alexis turned her face towards me when she noticed I was there.

"Jolene..." Her voice sounded tired and weak. I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry, Alexis. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." I held back the tears that were burning in the back of my eyes.

"I understand now that what I did with Jessica was wrong. You have all rights to be upset. But I can't do anything about that now. Done is done, and I need to stay in the hospital." Alexis sighed.

"But... why?" I grabbed her hand. It felt cold and bony. Though, I still felt comfort by holding it.

"I'm too underweight. And they are running a bunch of tests on me. They think I'm sick in some way..."

"Like.. in a dangerous way?" My voice was shaking.

"We don't know yet."

"I brought you some chocolate." Alexis's face instantly lightned up. I picked up a bar of chocolate from my bag. I hope it didn't melt. She reached out for it and grabbed it.

"Thank you! You know what I love." She gave me a warm smile. I smiled back. I was happy to see her after all. We talked for a while before my mom interrupted us.

"I'm sorry girls but Jolene and I have to leave now. The visiting time is up." Alexis looked disappointed.

"Come me visit again sometime."

"I will." I said with a smile.

(Monday) Kyung's POV: Zoey and some other girls were talking about something a few metres away from me. I think one of the girls were Jessica. Suddently she looked towards me. Her face was bruised so I knew it was her. Her black, long hair was put up in a braid on the side. Zoey whispered something into her ear. Jessica giggled and then looked away. Zoey, huh.. It's obvious that she's just using me but it's whatever. I don't like her in that way. I walked up to the girls.

"What's up." I said casually.

"The sky." Zoey answered. The other girls laughed.

"HA HA, that's a good one." That was obviously a fake laugh. I then noticed a hickie on Zoey's neck. I grabber her by the arm.

"Come with me." The other girls looked suprised but Zoey didn't refuse. I took her to a place where there were no people.

"Zoey! You need to cover that hickie up!" I told her.

"Oh shit. But how?" I sighed. Babo.

"Don't you have any makeup or anything?"

"Yeah, I do. Thank you for telling me, you hot jackass." I laughed. At least she thought I was hot. Zoey left and I walked to the lockers to look for Jolene.

Jolene's POV: Everyone in school talked about Alexis, wondering how she was doing. They kept coming up to me and I had just ignored them everytime but not anymore.

"Hey Jolene, do you know how Alexis is? Wondered Zoey.

"SHE'S SICK! REALLY SICK, OKAY?!" I yelled at her. I had enough of all these questions. They didn't even know Alexis. They should have paid attention to her when she wasn't sick. I stormed off. I ran through the corridor, bumping into a bunch of students. Someone catched me by wrapping their arms around me. It was Kyung. I recognized him as soon as I saw the mint green hair. He was wearing a basic white t-shirt with a pair of ripped, black jeans.

"Jolene. Calm down." He didn't let go of me. His voice was soft and kind of calming. I felt my cheeks getting warmer.

"They just keep aski-" I was interrupted by Kyung.

"I know. They don't have any respect at all." He sighed and then mumbled something to himself. It sounded like "babo".

"Babo?" I asked him. He let go of me. I did actually enjoyed being in his arms. I hated saying it but I did. I could feel his muscular body as he was holding me.

"It means stupid or jerk in Korean. The people who don't have any respect are babo." Kyung explained.

"Oh.. okay. Babo. That'll be your nickname." I laughed and so did he.

"C'mon, you'll be late for class."

During class I heard Jessica talk to Zoey about something. I leaned a bit closer and listened carefully.

"You know that Alexis is gay, right?" Jessica asked Zoey.

"Eh, yeah it's obvious. They're basically drolling on each other." Zoey and Jessica laguhed. Ugh.. I hated those girls.

[End of chapter 1035 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。