Too late

(Saturday) Jolene's POV: I was woken up by my phone ringing. The sun was shining through my window and its rays landed on my face. I groaned and got up. I answered the phone.

"Hey it's me, Kyung." I recognized his kind voice instantly and my heart jumped a little.

"Oh hi! What's up?"

"Do you wanna hangout at my place?" Kyung asked me. My heart jumped. Such a little thing as getting a text from someone made my day a little better.

"Yes, that'd be awesome! But.. I don't know where you live." I laughed akwardly.

"Oh, I'll send you my location."

"Alright. See ya!"

"See you." I ended the call and walked downstairs. I found my mom in the kitchen, as always. She was cooking scrambled eggs. Ew. Perhaps I could ask her to give me a ride to Kyung's place? It would be so much easier if I had a car. I don't care if I'm only 14.

"Morning mom, can you do me a favor?" She turned to me, looking a bit suprised. I don't think she noticed that I walked into the kitchen.

"What is it?"

"Kyung asked me if I wanted to hangout. Do you think you can give me a ride?" I asked her.

"Who is Kyung? A boy you like?"

"Yes, I mean no! Not in that way."

"Alright, I'll give you a ride. But first you need to eat breakfast."

"Ugh. You know I don't like eggs." I felt disgusted by thinking of eggs. I already lost my apetite by the smell of it.

"Well, eat a toast then. Or an apple."

"Fine." I sat down at the table and put a piece of bread in the toaster.

"Do you know how Alexis is doing?" I stared at her, trying to make her realize that this wasn't the right thing to ask. I hated when people asked about Alexis. I was constantly reminded of that she was sick and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Bad. She's doing bad." I took a deep, shaky breath, trying to not break down in tears.

"I'm really sorry to hear that, honey. How serious is it?" My mom started to sound a bit worried now. That was what kind of person she was. Always caring about everyone. She also trusted people way too easy.

"Leukemia." I bit my lip. A single tear managed to escape. She took the pan off the stove and put her warm hand on my cheek.

"Such a pretty word for such an ugly thing." She said and wiped the tear of my face.

I finished my toast and then we got in the car. It was a silent ride but it was not uncomfortable. I remembered that I was going to see Kyung and I felt a bit happier. I enjoyed sitting in the car and listening to music. It was very calming. I picked up my phone and played Candy Crush until we arrived.

Kyung was waiting for me in the front door. This time he was wearing a red checkered shirt and a simple black t-shirt under. When we I stepped out he waved at me and smiled. I ran towards him and attacked him with a hug. A smell of perfume filled my nose.

"Have fun, honey!" I waved goodbye to my mom and watched the car drive away.

"You look handsome." I told Kyung.

"I know." He answered and winked. Such a typical thing to do of him.

We got inside the house, revealing the livingroom. It was a bit messy but I didn't mind. It made me feel like home. Kyung wasn't like other people. Everyone always said stuff like "Excuse the mess", or "It's really messy, I know". But Kyung showed me the livingroom with a proud look on his face.

"I like it." I said and smiled at him.

"I'm planning on doing something crazy today."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm gonna pierce my lip." He smirked.

"WHAT?" I laughed.

"Yup. I'm a proffesional so don't worry."

"I don't believe that for a secound!"

"I was hoping that you'd join me."

"Eh... I'll think about it." We walked upstairs to his room. Everything was prepared. There were two needles, a marker, a few rings and a bottle with some liquid that filled the room a strong smell. I guessed he was going to use it to clean the wound or something.  He was actaully serious about this?

"So you are joining me or what?" I thought about it for a secound. It could actually be a fun thing but my mom would be pissed.

"What am I going to say to my mom??" I asked Kyung.

"That it was my idea." He answered, confidently.

"You're so stupid."

"I know." He said and laughed.

"Let's do it." I decided that I wanted a vertical labret.

(Look that up, it's awesome! If you're lazy, just look at the picture at the top.)

Kyung picked up the marker and held my face as he marked my lip with two dots. Then I took the marker and put a dot with the marker, under his lip on the left side. I could feel his warm breath on my face. Now when I think about it, our faces were centimetres away from each other. I quickly moved away from him and picked up a ring that I liked.

"Can I take this one?" I showed him the ring I picked. It was a simple silver colored ring and you could attach balls on it.

"Of course. I'll take this one." Kyung picked up a simlpe ring without any balls. It looked alright, but I thought mine looked a lot cooler. He picked up the needle and held it with his thumb and index finger.

"Are you ready?" I suddently realized what I was about to do and my heart started beating faster. But I still wanted to do it.

"Yes. Do it."Kyung walked into the bathroom and got a pair of gloves. Then held my face steady by putting his hand under my jaw. He carefully cleaned my lip before the cold needle touched my lip with a slight sting. The needle moved deeper inside my lip and the pain increased with a much stronger sting than before.

"You okay?" I answered by humming a bit as I couldn't speak with a freaking needle in my lip. Then he put the ring on the needle and moved it inside my lip. When he was done with that he attached the two silver balls. Fuck. It was too late to go back now. Kyung gave me a small mirror with a smile. I carefully grabbed it and looked the piercing.

"What do you think?" The piercing looked great on my lip, almost like it was supposed to be a piercing right there.

"Wow... It looks awesome!" I told him. Kyung studied my lip and looked proud of his work.

"Agreed. My turn!"

[End of chapter 1176 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。