A new beginning

Simon's POV: It had been one year. One year since that incident happened. A girl had successfully committed suicide inside a psychiatric hospital. It was no random girl, no, that girl happened to be my sister. My Josephine. I was in the same hospital as her at the time. I feel extremly guily and useless for not being able to stop her. I'll never forgive myself for not being there. I'm a horrible brother.

One year of recovery, antidepressants, pain and sorrow. That year had passed without the smallest bit of happiness. I was either being surrounded by emptiness, misery or weird hallucinations of my sister. The doctors would never be able to cure me. The only way they would be able to cure me was if they took Josephine back, back to me. She had been the only person I felt safe with and now she was gone too.

I'm not insane. I am not the insane one. It's inside me.

Sashas's POV: Everyone knew about the two girls, Jolene Hamilton and Alexis Valencia. Although most people had moved on, the dark truth was still burried deep into the walls of the long corridor. In case you don't know what happened, here's the tragic lives of the two girls; It was about one year ago during early spring. That was when Jolene joined our class. She seemed sweet and innocent when really, she was being abused by her alcoholic dad. That's also when Alexis instantly fell for Jolene and her brown locks. No one really knew much about Alexis since she wasn't very popular. Although there were rumors saying that her father wasn't in the picture at all during her life. People had noticed scars and cuts on Jolene's arms and she would often run out of the classroom in tears. 

Sadly, that summer Alexis passed away. The girls had been spending almost all their time together ever since they met and came to grow extremly close to each other. Sometimes people would yell things like "Isn't it the gay girl?" after Jolene as she walked through the corridor. When she lost Alexis, she was devasted, of course. But this girl took it to a whole new level. Something happened inside of her, she went nuts out of sorrow. Lost her mind. She tried to commit suicide and would hook up with that guy, Kyung. I bet she felt great guilt for doing so behind her back. Kyung would also disappear into the bathrooms with Zoey, my old friend. The stereotypical "popular girl". Nowadays I like spending the breaks alone, usually in the music room where they keep all the guitars and other intruments.

Back to Jolene, she went into a psychiatric hospital a short time after Alexis's passing and no one had ever heard from her since. I'm not going to lie, these events have affected me but they have affected everyone more or less, I'm sure. 

It was written in black spray paint on Jolene's locker. The six letters together formed the word sinner and the students were crowded around it like puppies with a bowl of food. The blue locker was already filled with words like "slut" or "cheater" and it was not a big suprise to me that something like this happened. Now another word had been added to the collection. Some students reported it but at this point the school didn't care about it anymore. It had already happened so many times before and there was no point of removing it when they knew new words would pop up anytime. That was the only thing left of Jolene, a locker covered in shame.

It was Thursay evening and I was jamming on my guitar outside a store. I placed my guitar case in front of me, in hope to earn some extra cash. I did some covers of some pop songs although I prefered rock and punk but I knew that it would be the most likely that people would enjoy this kind of music since rock and punk isn't as popular anymore. I have had several summer jobs this year but now that winter was creeping up on us in every street corner, things were getting tight. My family wasn't very wealthy so I had to get money some other way. I felt a cold breeze and thought to myself that I forgot to bring my hoodie. 

"Hey didn't you hear what I said?!" An angry voice asked behind me. I looked behind my shoulder to spot a man in his middle age with his hands on his hips.

"What?"

"You're not allowed to play here. I'm calling the police on you!" Shit. I instantly grabbed my guitar case and ran as fast as I could. Loud steps echoed behind me almost as fast as my heart pounded. I took a sharp turn to the right and then ran trough an abandoned dump. An old tire suddently showed up as I was rushing, causing me to fall. My wrist cracked as I landed on the ground and the sharp pain striked trough my arm. I screamed in agony and looked at my arm in terror. The wrist was bent in an unatural way and I couldn't move it all all. I know that he heard me scream, which meant that he could find me anytime now. I tried to get up but failed due to only being able to use one arm. I glanced at my wrist, noticing that it was more swollen and the pounding pain went on. Bruises started to show up as well. I managed to pick out my phone out of the backpocket of my black jeans and called Hunter. I took a look at my guitar, now broken. As I had fallen I lost the grip of it and neck snapped. There was no point in taking it with me.

________________

"Sash... How did this happen?" He sighed. I stared into the forest as the endless trees rushed by. The helmet Hunter had bought for me was a bit too big and everytime I moved, the helmet moved as well, side to side.

"Long story short, I was trying to earn some cash by playing on the street and this dude came out of a store saying that he was going to call the police and basically I just ran but tripped and... fucked up my arm." I explained. 

"You never fail to suprise me." He mumbled and stopped the motorcycle. Genty he swiped the jet black hair of his face and glanced at me with a weak smile. Tilted his head to the right, meaning "Let's go."

[End of chapter 1086 words]