Help me

(Wednesday) Jolene's POV: When I got home after school my dad was waiting for me in the livingroom. He was sitting in the couch with his arms crossed, as always he was angry at me for some reason. There was a bottle of wine on the table. My heart started beating faster. He was probably drunk.

"You're late home." He muttered without looking at me. So what? Not like he cared. He just wanted a reason to be mad at me.

"I'm so-sorry.." I stuttered. He took a sip out of the bottle, still not facing me.

"You were supposed to clean the kitchen. Have you done your homework yet, you little shit?" He slurred. Oh my god. I forgot about my homework. I started sweating.

"Yes. Is mom home?" He put down the bottle but ended up accidentally spilling it out.

"She's at work. She didn't want to see you anyway. She hates you. I mean, you could love a failure like you?" He laughed. My anger was boiling inside. I couldn't control myself anymore.

"SHUP UP!" I screamed. I ran off to my room. But he followed me and grabbed my by the arm. I felt his nails dugging into my skin. I screamed in pain.

"LET ME GO, LET ME GO YOU-" He put his hand of my mouth. His angry eyes stared at me. The green, evil eyes.

"Shut. Up." He said while breathing heavily. Tears started streaming down my face. Why was he doing this to me? I bit his hand as hard as I could. He took his hand of my mouth with a scream and punched me in the face. The strenght of the punch made me fall to the floor. I managed to get up and kick him in the stomach, just like Alexis did to that boy the other day. He was pretty slow so it was relatively easy. I threw the door open and closed it with a loud slam. I ran all the way to Alexis's house. I didn't notice that my nose had started bleeding from the punch. I kept looking back, worried that my dad was still following me. But he wasn't. Desperately, I knocked on the door, I didn't stop until Alexis opened the door.

Alexis's POV: I opened the door.  There stood Jolene. Tears were streaming down her face and she looked like she was in a lot of pain. She was bleeding from her nose and she had a bruise under her left eye. Her brown eyes were filled with pain and tears. Oh god... Who did this? I quickly wrapped my arms around her and she cried in my arms with a shaking breath.

"Hey... it will be okay. I promise." I said calmly. I held her close until she stopped crying and her breathing had slowed down a bit.

"You're the greatest thing that even happened to me, you know that?" Jolene's cheeks turned red in seconds and I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead.

I let go of her and closed the door after us. We sat down in the big, white couch in the livingroom.

"Now, could you please tell me, who did this to you?" She looked away, almost like she thought it was embarassing. I grabbed her hand. It seemed to calm her down.

"My... dad. He did this to me." I knew there was something fucked up with Jolene's dad.

"Okay, that's it. I'm calling the police." I was pissed. How could someone do something like that to their own child?! He must have some kind of problem...

"Wait! Maybe we should consider talking to your mom first? She wouldn't want a bunch of cops showing up in her house by suprise."

"Alright. She's not home though so I'll give her a call.

"Hi sweetie! What's on your mind?"

"Mom, I need you to come home."

"Why, is it something important?" She sounded a bit scared.

"Yeah... It's about Jolene." She took a deep breath.

"Alright then."

That night Jolene stayed at my place. She was too scared to go back home. It was understandable. I knew there was something weird with Jolene's dad. When I think about it, he didn't even say his name.

Since my twin bed was too small to fit two people me and Jolene took my mother's bed and she took my bed. I didn't understand why my mom had a double sized bed. She was only one person after all...

(Later that wednesday) Jolene's POV: I sat in the big bed playing some minigame on my phone. My face was still bruised. Immediately I thought of my dad. Funny how pain reminds me of him. It felt good to be away from my dad. I could finally relax. But maybe just not yet? What if the police didn't believe me? They would want proof. I exited the game and opened the camera on my phone. I took pictures of the bruise on my face. I also took pictures from different angles, just in case the police thought it was fake or somehting. What if they thought it was photoshopped? Maybe the bruise would be gone tomorrow? My breathing got faster. They would think that I lied.

I didn't wanna be seen as a liar. Why can't I just forget about this? I shouldn't be that weak. He hit me, so what? It's not bad after all. Right? I shouldn't have been such a coward and contacted the police. Why the HELL did I contact the police?! I'm so stupid... All I could think of was pain. I wanted to feel pain again. My body was screaming for it. Something wet dripped on my hand. I didn't notice I started crying. Seriously? I'm so weak. Suddently I heard Alexis singing from the bathroom. Her beautiful voice filled my head. I could listen to it forever. She sounded amazing. Was she aware of that? I wiped away the tears from my cheeks and laid down in the bed, falling asleep to hear beautiful voice.

Alexis's POV: I stepped out of the shower and I was met by a chilling wind of air. I hurried to dry my hair and change into my pyjamas. Then I walked to my room, careful to not make a sound. I put my skinny hand on the cold door knob, slowly opening the bedroom door. Jolene was snuggled up in a blanket. It looked like she had been crying.  Her eyes were red and puffy.  Why didn't she call for me? Carefully I laid down beside her, trying to not wake her up. I couldn't help but to look at her beautiful face. I had no idea how she felt like. One thing I knew was that she was not mentally stable. It's not her fault though. It's the asshole's fault. With other words, her dad. I let out a long sigh. I gently kissed her forehead before I went to sleep.

[End of chapter 1176 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。