Chapter 3: Obstacle Race

The Sports Festival is finally here. We were all wearing our uniforms, some of them were asking each other, "why couldn't they wear their costumes."

"You ready, Laura-chan?" Momo asked. I looked at her and nodded.

Iida slammed open the door. "Everyone! Get your game faces on! We're entering the arena soon!" He shouted, making everyone pumped up.

In The Arena

When our class was called, we walked out of a doorway into the arena. As we walked towards the field, I look around to see a lot of people, making me feel uncomfortable.

"I-I didn't know there would be this many people watching." I stuttered. I turn to Uraraka, who was giggling. "Don't worry, Laura, you aren't the only one." She points at Izuku, who is looking like a nervous wreck.

When we all made it to the field, I saw a woman with long black hair and is wearing an erotic outfit. I lean towards Uraraka. "Who's the woman wearing the lewd outfit?" I asked her. "That's the R-Rated hero Midnight." She answered.

After a crappy speech by Bakugo and some complaining from my classmates, Midnight starts talking again. "It's time to get started! This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first faithful game of the festival..."

A hologram screen appears behind her. It looked like a slot machine from a casino. After it stopped spinning, it read "Obstacle Race." After Midnight explained the rules, she told us to go to the large doorway where the game will take place.

As we all stood in front of the doorway, I watched the three lights turn off. When the last light turned off, everyone started running, causing time to do the same. Everyone was bumping into each other. Everyone was either shouting "move" or "stop pushing me."

After being squished by a bunch of people. I decided to climb on top of the person in front of me and started hopping over people's heads. "Sorry!" I said apologetically every time I step on someone's head. As I was still jumping over people, I saw the floor being covered in ice, and everyone's feet were frozen. I continued hopping over people.

As I jumped over the horde of students, I landed on a flat floor of ice, causing me to slip and landed on my ass. I saw Shoto skating on the ice, away from the other students and me. I try to get back on my feet, but I end up slipping back on the ground. I stand up again, trying to gain balance. I saw some of my classmates go past me using their quirks.

I stood up and tried walking on the ice. I looked around and saw Momo-san skating on the ice. I tried doing the same thing, and I started getting the hang of it. As I slid, I caught up with the rest who were once in front of me. As I got past some of them, I saw that some of them had Mineta's sticky balls on their feet or back. As I continued skating, I saw three giant robots that looked similar to the entrance exam. Todoroki was able to freeze one, which made me impressed by his abilities. When I saw him skate past the giants. I looked to my side to see Mezo. I looked back at the robot who broke out of the ice and got an idea. I look back at Mezo.

"Mezo-kun!"

"Hmm?"

He looks at me. "I need you to throw me up there!" I pointed at the giant robot.

Mezo's eyes widen in shock, "that's insane!" He shouted.

"Just do it!"

Mezo sighed and grabbed me with his arms and swung me up to the robot. As I was close to the robot's head, I unsheathed my claws and screamed as I got closer to the robot's head, slicing it off. As I did, I saw the robot's head fall from its body. I smiled widely and started cheering. I then stopped when I realized I was falling. As I was panicking, I felt something carry me down safely. I looked at what was carrying me and saw a shadow that looked like a bird. As I landed safely on the ground, I realize it was Tokoyami who was controlling the shadow-like bird. I looked at him, "thank you." He nodded as he started running; I did the same.

I was close to the finish, but what stood in my way was a minefield. I saw Izuku, Bakugo and Shoto run into the field. I did the same. As I ran, I tried not to step on any mines. I ended up stepping on one, but it got me further closer to the three ahead of them. I ran as fast as I could, and I was almost near the finish. Until Izuku flew passed me.

After the first game, I ended up being in second place. Izuku ran towards, "Laura-chan, you were amazing!" He said enthusiastically. I smiled shyly, scratching the back of my head.

"N-Not as amazing as you," I replied. He shook his head.

"No, you were the one who took down a robot!" He said excitedly.

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked nervously. He pointed at the large screen of the replay of me being thrown towards the robot and have its head slashed off. I sigh in relief that the footage didn't zoom into to me using my claws.

"How did you do that anyway?" He asked curiously.

"I-I just trained a lot, so I got pretty strong." I lied. I looked at the scoreboard, and I was in second place, I then realize that Robbie Reyes was in fifth. I looked around to look for him and saw him being praised by his classmates. "What are you?" I asked myself.