Gwen

My head was pounding. I didn't know where I was. I heard crying and as I tried to open my eyes, my headache got worse. I moaned and looked around.
I was sitting on a concrete floor in a dark room. My wrists were tightly bound and I had a gag on my mouth. The rough cloth was already cutting my cheeks as it restrained me from screaming. Kayla was leaning on me, still knocked out.
Tommy was collapsed on the floor about five feet away crying and saying his mom's name. "Gwen, are," he wiped a tear from his face, "are you awake?" He had a hard time talking with his speech impediment, but he wasn't gagged. He was chained to the wall with a metal shackle around his wrist.
I nodded and lifted my wrists to motion towards my gag. He nodded and said, "Ryan is over there, and he woke up earlier. Are you okay?" I shook my head. I was on the verge of sobbing. I couldn't imagine how my family felt, or all of the others' families felt.
I tried to wriggle out of my bindings, but that didn't work. I scooted over to Tommy so he could pull my gag down. I took a deep breath. He undid my wrists and I rubbed the marks on my face. I gave him a hug.
"We are going to get out of here, I promise." I told Tommy through a wet messy cry. There was a big mirror on the opposite wall, above Kayla. I looked beraggled and tired. I looked at Kayla. Her brown hair was messy and there was a bruise forming on her jaw.
Ryan stirred in the corner. "Ryan," I said, remembering that I shouldn't be loud. "Gwen?" He looked even more tired than us. He had lost probably as much weight as someone could in a week. His sweatshirt was hanging off his arms more than it was before and he could barely sit up.
I walked over to him and tried to untie his wrists. A big red blotch was on the inside of his elbow where his shirt had been rolled up. "What happened?" I asked as I loosened the ropes. "I was taken at –" I cut him off. "I know where. Your elbow," I pointed at it. "What happened to your elbow?"
"He came in and took my blood, unsanitary it what I think." I rolled my eyes. "Why though?"
He shrugged. "Is he going to do that to us?" Tommy questioned from behind me. "I don't know, but I'll make sure we get out of here before he can do too much damage to our bodies." He curled up once more and I thought of what I said. He took a five year old, sixteen year old, nine year old and eighteen year old, what did he want with us? I thought.
Kayla shifted. I walked over to her and picked her up to move her towards Tommy. Footsteps came from outside the door.