Jess

I get really mad sometimes. I get mad when my brother uses the last of the orange juice and puts it back in the fridge. I get mad when my dog chews on my socks. Getting mad doesn't even begin to explain what I do when my best friend gets kidnapped. She is an amazing person and if she's getting raped or beaten or starved, I feel helpless and like dead weight.
I can't imagine what her family feels like. The first time, I could. My brother was with her. Now, it probably feels like their world is falling apart.
Zach is probably worried like Hell and I know for a fact, that he'd go straight through there to rescue his friend and sister. And on top of it, he's missing school. Because of him not being in attendance for as long as Gwen is gone, he won't be able to become a senior next year, along with Gwen and Grayson.
My mom became depressed when Ryan was taken and now shes getting better, but its still bad. I was wondering how Gwen's parents feel the other day and I went to their house to visit Zach and I found out.
Mr. Kelly is working all the time to make up for the money they lost when Mrs. Kelly stopped working.
Mrs. Kelly wasn't working, was suffering from terrible migraines and she also had to worry about the fact she may never see her daughter again. Her doctors think that the migraines are brought on by the stress of Gwen being kidnapped.
When I stopped by, Mr. Kelly, inevitably, wasn't home. Mrs. Kelly was in her room having a headache and Zach was sitting on the couch stuck in his phone.
He opened the door for me and smiled. "How are you doing?" I asked, sitting next to him on the couch. "Good, I went out for the first time in six months." My heart fell. "With who?" I countered. "That girl, um, Rebecca Voorhees. She was nice and all, but I don't think I like her." I let my breath out.
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I ignored it. "How are your parents doing?" I asked sympathetically even though I already knew the answer.
"To be honest, and I know I can with you," he stopped when his phone started to ring. "Hello, Grayson?" He said, shocked as he answered it. "Where are you? Call the police... Grayson, talk to me, are you and Gwen okay?" a silence. "Grayson?"
I saw the spark of hope deflate out of him through his shoulder sag. "Grayson called and he and Gwen are together and that's all I could get out of him."
He attractively ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. I reflexively threw my arms around him.
"Stop Jessica." He pushed me away. "I'm sorry," I stuttered and blushed. "No, I'm sorry. I thought you could take a hint: I don't like you. You act like Caleb around you when you're with me. You are a great girl, but I can't worry about you now." He stood up and jogged up the stairs.
I felt tears well up in my eyes. Realizing you are worthless to someone is the worst feeling ever.
I tried to hold the water back, but I couldn't. When I got into my car, my mascara was ruined and tears were dripping sown my face.
I saw Zach in his bedroom window looking out. He noticed where I was looking and shoved the curtains in front of his face.
I put the car into gear, ready to leave, when he came sprinting out of the house. He yanked open the door and said, "Go to the police station, now."
I obeyed, as fast as I could.
When we got there, Zach ran inside and I chased after, hoping what he had was a lead.
He handed his phone to Detective Murphy, the one on the case. "Track where his phone is. Or track Gwen's. If they didn't take Gray's, she still might have hers." The detective responded in a muffled tone.
I waited at the doorway, not wanting to be in the way. The room was full of bustling people. Hard working people, ready to save lives.
Zach's conversation went on for a few more minutes. He came over to me and expressed that he wanted me to go home. "I'll run home, I need the exercise." I complied and went straight home.