Grayson

Gwen was being threatened. She had been called three times by a man claiming to be a follower of her kidnapper.
I would de anything to protect her, so he would get nothing but hell to pay if he came within a hundred miles of here. The calls were traced, but they were made from a cell phone, so they only had an area in mind.
I was going over to her house to pick her up for lunch. I rang the doorbell. Checking my breath first, I kissed her cheek when she opened the door. "Hi, are you ready?" I asked, gentlemanly. She nodded and grabbed her jacket.
She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a pink top that was really flattering.
It was mid-October, so it was getting a little chilly. We were getting onto the road when her phone rang. She answered it and then hung up really fast.
"It was them," she said breathlessly. I put on my hazard lights and pulled over. "What did they say?"
Gwen explained how they threatened her like they do every time. We got back on the road and when we got to the restaurant, I almost turned around. I got that sick feeling in my stomach, but I didn't want to make Gwen even more nervous.
Inside the Looney Moose, I ordered a grilled chicken and salad to go. "What so you want?" I asked her as I got out the bankcard from my money clip.
She ordered and we sat at a booth to wait. "What has been happening recently?" I asked her. "Nothing," she replied nonchalantly. "How's your leg doing?"
"I can't sprint for another two weeks and they are working me back into long distance." She nodded. "How's your football season going?"
"Our record is 4-2, so good I guess." She was feeling left out at soccer. I could tell. She was allowed at the games and helped at some JV and Modified practices, but couldn't go to varsity practices when she had PT.
Last year, she was the second youngest varsity soccer player and was bummed to not be able to play this year.
She was still in a good enough mood considering. We went through the normal conversations our dates consist of. When our food got to the table in about twenty minutes.
We left and were heading to my truck to go to my house and eat when a guy came up and asked me a question. I shielded Gwen's body with mine. "Relax, he just wanted to know another attraction Eustis has." she put a hand on my shoulder and answered him. My heart was pounding.
I was freaked out. "Do you want us to show you?" Gwen asked innocently. "Yeah, I'd like that," he smiled. "Dude, I'm right here," I was pissed. "Let's go," Gwen said, "just follow his truck."
When we got in, I asked, "What the hell Gwen? What are we doing?"
"I am being friendly, go to eclectic treasures, he wants to know the directions."
"You couldn't have given him actual directions? It's like a half mile away," I growled.
"Oh shut up and drive Gray," she clicked her seatbelt in and got ready for me to drive. I put the truck in gear and drove to the tiny store.
When we got there, Gwen and I didn't say anything. I got out and opened her door, not acknowledging the man she was talking to.
Gwen went into the store and I followed keeping an eye on the man. "Let's go Gwen, the food is gonna get cold. Lets go home." I said, loud enough for the man to hear.
She rolled her eyes and responded in a submissive way. "Enjoy the rest of your time in Eustis," she said to the man and walked out the door.
He followed her. I'm talking creeper followed her. I jogged out and said, "Gwen, in the car. Now." I pinned the man's shoulders to the side of the building. "What the hell are you doing, leave us alone." His breath was terrible.
He kicked me in the gut. I leaned over and yelled, "Go Gwen!" She obviously took that as, come help me and possibly get kidnapped and raped again.
I got up, recovered and the man grabbed Gwen around her waist. "Gwen," I was pissed and adrenaline was pulsing through my veins.
I punched him hard in the jaw and he jabbed me with his elbow. I was easily bigger than him and could take him down, but I was being sloppy, worrying about Gwen not getting hurt.
He hit me in the side and I flashed back to when she was taken last time. A look of hurt spread across her face. Gwen was wildly kicking and screaming, but nobody was in the area we were in.
The last thing I remember was screaming and being hit in the temple by a flying elbow.