Missy

Katelyn had been living with us for about a year. She was a weird little girl. I didn't like the fact that we didn't know where she came from at first, but now, she's my sister.
My parents took her in, but nobody knows about her.
I wasn't allowed to tell anybody and I wasn't planning on it. If my parents lost the kid of their dreams, I'd be in a world of trouble.
Dom was coming over today and I had to clean the house.
I rushed around trying to clean up after Katelyns messes. I heated a knock at the door.
"Oh crap," I mumbled. I saw a smiling face at the door.
"Hi Dom," I invited him in.
He looked around. I wondered what he thought of the deer heads on the wall and the size of my tiny house.
"Ready for the homework?" I exhaled. I was glad he asked because I didn't know how to talk around him.
I picked up my binder off the table in the corner and sat on the bench next to him.
I opened the Spanish book and started reading the page aloud.

My heart started to race when I heard a shrill voice that was how I was going to be grounded for life.

"Missy? Where'd you go?" I cringed at the voice. 
"Gimme a second," I said to Dom as I ran to the hallway to make sure Katelyn doesn't come out. 
"Katelyn, I'm busy right now.  Could you go back to your room?"  I picked her up and put her on my bed and shut the door. 
I walked back out and Dominic was patiently waiting. 
"Who was that?" He asked, curious. 
I shrugged.  "Babysitting,0 I spewed our as my first excuse.
"Who's kid?"  Damn, I said under my breath.  He has younger siblings.
"Um, I don't think you know them," I bit my lip and hoped he got the hint. 
My plan was going well until I heated the shrill voice again. 
"Shit." I said blatantly as Katelyn came out and said, "who's that?"  I face palmed and got ready to explain as my mom came out.