Gwen

A week turned into a month. I was on the verge of killing him. I would do whatever it takes to get that terrible man to stop abusing me and stop hurting Ryan and Tommy.
I had been into his room four times. I was scared because of what he did to Kayla. I was scared because Ryan was getting weaker from his daily beatings. I was scared because Tommy was getting too skinny. Yes, I was skinny too, but he hasn't been taking my blood anymore. Tommy's ribs were jutting through his clothes and Ryan is giving him half of his food, but that isn't enough for Ryan. Ryan then will take half of what he gave Tommy and eat it.
I wasn't allowed to share my food, because I had the best chance of getting us out, so I needed my strength.
"Gwen?" Tommy's soft voice whispered into my ear. "Are we ever going to get out of here?" I hugged him. The cold stone floor was hard underneath us. "Yes, I promise." He sniffed and I felt his tears on my chest. I didn't want to wake Ryan up, so I sang quietly. It was a song that my mom used to sing to Zach and I. "Sleep my dear one, darling baby. On this lovely peaceful night," it was a welsh lullaby and even though we were mostly Irish, she loved in anyways. "Mother's loving arms around you make a warm and gentle nest. In those arms no harm will find you, none disturb your slumber seep. Softly, calmly, darling baby, with your mother, sweetly sleep. Suo Gon. Suo Gon." I only got through five words before he was asleep.
I couldn't sleep though. I was worrying about things that just shouldn't be at a time like this. I thought about Grayson instead. I remembered his dark hair and sharp jaw and greenish eyes. I smiled thinking of the future we could have. That was the only way I could fall asleep for the next few days.

I woke with a plan.