Zach

I had developed the habit of pacing. I paced in my room, in the kitchen, on the patio; the only time I wasn't pacing was when we were looking. There hadn't been any developments in the case except for they had four suspects now; suspects that left town.
         The police had narrowed it down by checking the credit card numbers used at the ice cream stand between the hours of four and ‪six o'clock‬.
         They obviously didn't listen to Yana because she said that his payment type was cash. I started to think like how those conspiracy theorists thought about how the government just doesn't care and could be in on it.
         I thought of what could be happening to them now. I pushed them out of my mind. I had to choke back crying every time I thought of my sister's name.
         I had to keep it together for tonight at least. I was supposed to be going to dinner with Jess, Grayson and Caleb. Her boyfriend had recently broken up with her and she needed a real friend.
         For the most part, I sulk. Sulking and pacing, and a lot of swearing are all I do. I called Grayson. "Yeah dude?" His voice sounded gravely, like he'd just woken up. "Can I come over?"
"Course, I'll see ya in a few."