A phantom

? Pov

I finally found you Danny. Thank Clockwork.

Danny pov

"Excuse me sir" the store employee met my eye's and I knew that they knew that I knew that the knew I didn't know where the cat food was. "Yes" I responded. Your move lady. "Can I help you find anything" ok my move "yes actually do you know where the cat food is?" The employee responds and leads me to the food.

Wow that inner monologue was unnecessary. "Here you are si..." a sudden jerk, flash of the eye's, and mist coming out of my mouth.

Crap. Just act natural Danny.

Narrowing my hidden eye I say "Do you have any recommendations?" "What?" "Of which brand of cat food. Miss?" A look of understanding dawns on the possessed woman's face. "Oh please Danny. Don't you recognize your cousin?" The lady grins as my jaw drops.

Regaining my composer took at least five minutes. I want to reach out and hug Dani, but due to the possessing and location I can't. "Why don't we catch up a bit later at my place?" She nods and walks the lady to a ile a bit away. I winced as I heard the slump. I peaked my head out and saw anouther emloyee run to her.

Grabing the cat food, paying, and leaving the store could not happen fast enough I got in my car and sped to my apartment. Thank all things ecto I did not get pulled over.

I didn't bother opening the door. My building doesn't have security and no one would believe any one who saw.

Dani was watch tv inside with Spooky on her lap. In the ten years since I've seen her she's changed alot. She looked like she was 19 even though due to cloning she was only ten. She dressed in the same style to big red hoodie, jeans, and sneakers all new, but still worn. Her hat changed from a red beanie to a black backwards baseball cap that had a little green ghost on it. Her black hair cut in a short bob. Next to her was a red backpack covered in key chains that ranged from states to countrys to animals. On the side was a Fenton thermos.

While I was observing all this she noticed me and and tackle hugged me. Her tackle nocked the wind out of me and her grip kept me from breathing. Good thing I'm kinda dead. Oh no I dropped the cat food. "I missed you so much jerk." I hugged her back "I missed you too cos."

As she finally released me and got up. I followed but the stopped when she slapped me. Not playful or any of that stuff.

A rage fueled ecto slap into the kitchen counter. My pour innocent kitchen now has a Danny face shaped dent on it.

"You son of a bitch! You leave Amity and don't leave a note so that when I come to visit I know where to go! I'm fine thanks for asking! You can thank Valerie for that you ding dong! I was frosty the snowman type of melting and you weren't there." She was crying now as her voice broke for a second. "You weren't there and vlad captured me an-and Valerie saved me a-an-and now she knows about us. I went to the ghost zone with her and found Clockwork. Then we..." "Shh Dani shh."

I cut her off and was hugging her again. Just ignoring what happened to my kitchen counter. "How about I throw in some old undead zombie highschool 4 extreme and wip up some hot chocolate. While you curl up with Spooky." She nods into my shoulder.

We separate she grabs a blanket and curls up, Spooky leaps into her lap, and do everything I told her I would do.

Emotional little time skip

Later that evening she didn't explain any further on her story. She fell asleep when the lead female had to cut her own arm off in hopes to not turn into a zombie (it didn't work). Even later after the movie ended I heard a little yip from Dani's bag. Best to ignore it now and think tomorrow.

But I do know one thing. She get's her aptitude for ranting from me.

I am flattered by all your comments from last time. I hope you like my choice to bring Dani in.

I apologize for the cliff hanger, but I have to many idea's for Danny and Dani right now.

Thanks for reading. You guy are all pretty awesome possums.