Day 1: Night

Danny pov

Wow that was a work out. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while. Amity looks almost peaceful from up here.

"Hello little badger."

Damn it.
Where is he.

The whisper enters my ear "I must admit it's a bit of a surprise. I thought you had disappeared for good." My fist launches left only to be met by air. The sun has set and it's dark. Lights from the town below peaks through the clouds passing. "Vlad." Grits through my teeth. "So glad you remember me Daniel. You've changed so much I barley recognized you. Say which dumpster have you been hiding in? I've been working myself to death trying to dig you up. What do you have to say for yourself Daniel?"

Spinning towards the echoing voice and no one is there. "Get out here Vlad. Stop hiding."

"Why Daniel I'm just following your lead. 10 years gone leaving your precious town with a cheap copy guarding it." He cackled. "The fuck did you say. Don't you DARE talk about her like that."

"And what are you going to do about it. Run away and to your dead parents? Admit it the day they died was the day you were finally freed." The ectoplasm in my core is building up. The energy buzzing on my skin. I need to get rid of. "SHUT UP"
I need to punch Vlad right in his ugly old invisible face. "You're just like me Daniel. That was the first day we were free from the curse your father put us through. The obsession they were the center of! Then you vanished little badger." I need to hurt Vlad right NOW. "And now that you're back where you belong. We can be the family we are meant to be. You by my side, and if it makes you happy I'll even let the mistake be part of it. She can be your pet."

The raging energy inside me explodes out in all directions. I hear the impact. My head snaps toward him. Not even a second passes, and my hands are around his throat. Ice creeps up his neck. The green sphere of energy dissipates into the night. The clouds are gone. Just me and the pathetic worm in a cape.

"If you ever speak about Dani that way again I'll kill you. No if you look at her or even think about my daughter I will trap you in a ghost proof iron maiden filled with pictures of my dad, you will be wearing a Chicago Bears jersey, and I will leave you at the bottom of the ocean." The frost covering all but Vlads worthless face. "Really the scary eyes. Grow up. Since when is a defective clone I made your offspring?" I punch him.

His nose bleeding is clearly broke as he finally phases out of my grip. However Vlad was clearly unprepared for the weight of the ghostly ice encapsulating him. He looks like a plummeting vampire popsicle racing towards the Earth.

I let myself fall after him. Looking at him now I see the changes. He's frailer then I remembered. Hollowed out from the years. He might have lost something that day too, but that doesn't make up for anything he's done. "My life isn't perfect Vlad, but it's better then your's. I'm not your toy to play family with. Just like how my mom wasn't yours either. I hate you. You're a terrible human being."

I'm going to regret this.

"Leave me alone until after Dani and Val leave on there honeymoon. Don't mess with the wedding, don't show your face to me, don't show your face to Dani, and never mess with my family. After the HAPPY couple has left we will talk. Then I will disappear again."

I need to get away from him. Just turn around Danny and walk away from the crazy person in an icy crater. There you go one foot after the other. You almost lost control there man. Keep going. Turn right. There's home with it's big Fenton Works sign.

Shit I'm still Phantom. Guess I'm going around the block.