Day 1: Morning

Danny's pov-

My bed must have gotten really uncomfortable over night.

Sitting up it hits me... again. Not Valerie this time, but yesterday and a painful beam of sunlight. Cujo is asleep at my feet and my bag is on the coffee table. It's my old house.

Nothing in it is the same though. Walls now painted a tasteful color, new furniture arranged differently, an open concept to the kitchen, the door to the lab is more discreet, the smell is not coated in chemicals, and speaking of which no ectoplasm in sight. It seemed like a normal home now. Of course I know better, but that doesn't matter right now. As Val and Dani come down the stairs.

"Look who's awake V." Dani remarks "Hey ghost boy get up and make us some breakfast." Same ol' Val I see. Punch me in the face one minute and by the next morning orders me around. I get up and head towards the kitchen with them. Valerie looks surprised when I actually start making food. "Is this what you left us to do Danny. Go off to Japan to make waffles and french toast." Dani must have given Valerie a look after that comment, because she responded out loud to Dani's silent messages "What? The guy disappeared for ten years I want to know what he's been doing. - No that wasn't a pun. - Haha you need to stop with that look. - What I didn't do anything? - I still think we deserve to know." Dani must be great at communicating via facial expression.

"She's right Dani you deserve at least an explanation." As I turn to look at them I see Dani making an angry duck face at Val and in return Val's face is tight trying her hardest not to laugh. Me though I had no resistance built before turning and uncontrollably start to laugh. Pretty soon we're all laughing.

The laughter only increased when the waffles popped out of the toaster and hit me in the head. And only subsided when the French toast started to burn. Even then composing our selves took a while.

"So is there anything else you two need me to do? Anything for the wedding? Literally anything? Or am supposed to be a strange relative walking around town. Taking trips down memory lane." Dani's head lifts from her pile of food to respond "Yes, but first things first." She turns to Valerie who's pile of food was less comical. "I know it's kind of late to meet the in laws. I mean you have meet before, but um Valerie this is my father Daniel J Fenton. Also um dad this my fiancee Valerie Gray."

Valerie's jaw dropped, while I smirked. "Pleasure to meet you Valerie Gray." I stretch my arm across the table to shake her hand. I know I must be wearing a shit eating grin, while Val was still frozen. I pull my unshaken hand away and turn back to Dani.

"So besides meeting my future daughter in law what do you two need from little ol' me?" I asked again. "Well dad since we will be stressing about the wedding we were hoping you might take care of the ghosts? Please. I know you're avoiding hero work and being umm Inviso-Bill, but what if you were disguised while fighting or did it in human form? The GIW still suck at their jobs and no one else in town is trained." Dani looked at me with puppy dog eyes. What the heck I can't pull that off and she's my clone! Oh dear they're powerful.

Must

Resist

Child

No

No

No

Y-No

No

Yes

What

No

"Fine." Wait what did I just say? "I'll do it. Just stop with the eyes! And don't call me Inviso-Bill. I'm fine with Phantom just not Inviso-Bill." I begged her. Why am I agreeing? Oh right I love my family.

Dani does a cheer. Obviously she has won arguments using this method before. Valerie unfreezes finally "Fenton is going to be my father in law!" Oh at least I have this victory. "I don't think I like your tone young lady." Val is caught off guard. Dani and I do our best to hold in our laughter...

We fail.

Thank you for reading. It really amazes me how many of you read this story. And how many of you vote for it and send positive comments. It makes me feel pretty awesome knowing how many of you like my work. Especially when you come back even if I don't update for a while.

Thank you all so much.

I just wanted you to know that you awesome possums are appreciated.