CHAPTER 2 : MATRIMONY

It was almost 2 months since Amaira's exams has over. It was the day of result. She called up Disha asking whether the reports were ready or not. When the answer was yes she hurried to check her result. And Alas! She has got 2nd rank in the whole university.

"Congratulationsssss Ammu dear. I know you would do it. Now I need party -- no no I need it I need it." Said Disha over phone. "Okay baba I will give for sure." replied Amaira.
Everyone in her family congratulated her and were way too happy because it was her end of studies and it was her turn to take up job and be independent. That night they had special dinner in order to celebrate the moment.

The next morning Amaira woke up with lot of disturbance. People were screaming in enthusiasm at her home. She was totally confused. She went out of her room digging the matter that has formed in the corner of her eyes and yawning slightly.

"What's going on maa.. Ruhi.. Baba.. Ritu please don't shout. Dadi (grandmother) why you all are so happy today? I thought the happiness of my result has lasted only one day. What's today--

She has been cut off by her mom hugging her with a single drop of tear rolling down her cheek.

"Ammu you really grew up. I'm really proud of you. It's time you should be from one to two!" Amaira blushed slightly and made a point that others should not notice it. "You've got a marriage proposal dear by the famous and most richest person in Manali Mr. Piyush Shahdev." Continued her mom still eyes full of tears of happiness.

"Didi (sister), you know him? He is so rich. He has a banglow all for him self. He owns his own famous MNC company. Police and the politics of Manali too respects him and follows all what Piyush says. He is a great man. There are many girls who can die for him, waiting for him but he chose you didi. You're very lucky indeed." Said Ruhi feeling proud that her sister has got marriage proposal from a famous and rich person.

"Yes dear, the best part is he is just 26. In this age he achieved so much. He is exceptionally handsome. You both will be a great match." Said Amaira's Dadi (grandmother), Suhaga Bohra.

Almost everyone started talking about Piyush, the famous man. But Amaira said nothing. Nothing at all. She just blushed but also somewhere deep down she liked one boy who came once near her college.

She really don't know how Piyush looks. She just heard his name because he is famous all over Manali.

Hours later when Amaira was in her room Ruhi came and hugged her from back.

"Didi, close your eyes soon." Said Ruhi.

"Why? Why should I do it" said Amaira a bit hotly.

"Arey didi close na there's a surprise." Said Ruhi pretending to be sad. Amaira nodded and closed her eyes. Ruhi held out Amaira's hand and put a piece of thick paper which was smooth and by touch Amaira understood that it was kind of photo which Ruhi handed her. Amaira opened her eyes and stared at the photo. As she saw, her heart skipped a beat.

It was the same boy she liked who was near her college canteen

It was the same boy she liked who was near her college canteen. She looked up at Ruhi totally confused. Ruhi understood that she wanted to know who the boy was. She told quickly "Didi, you're innocent. He is Piyush Shahdev. You should be knowing it by now. He is cute isn't he? You both will be perfect together. Didi and jiju (brother-in-law)"

Amaira was totally shocked. Piyush was the boy she had liked. She have never thought that the same boy who is indeed famous can even propose her for marriage.

Her fair cheeks went pink. She blushed as she faced everyone in her family.

"So, Amaira beta should we take this matter forward? Tell me your answer so that I can reply to Mr.Piyush." said Amaira's father, Shivendra Bohra. Amaira said nothing she just blushed and she can feel the ear go slight hot and cheeks went pink. It was a sign of yes. Everybody understood that she had no objections and immediately wrote back to Mr.Piyush.

"So, Amaira would you mind if we call him next week over our place so that we can know him better and you will get a chance to talk to him and know him personally." Said Srija. Amaira simply nodded. Back there Ruhi and Ritu looked extremely shocked to know that great and famous person will be coming to their small house.

"Okay so, I've written to him. Maybe we'll soon get his answer" said Shivendra.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I promise I'll keep updating a new chapter every week. Nice day! 😁