CHAPTER 18 : COCKROACHES

It was 10 in the morning. The day was dull and the clouds indicated that it would rain today. Amaira got dressed up and ironed Piyush's clothes for office. But things seemed to be different. Piyush had no work today and was sleeping peacefully on his bed.

Amaira took this as a chance and planned something. Whilst Piyush is asleep she could take his phone and talk to her parents as Piyush doesn't allow her to talk to them and broke her phone into pieces ages ago.

'I finally got some chance to talk to my parents. I'll not leave it no matter what. I must just be careful' thought Amaira as she stared from Piyush to the phone, which lay beside his pillow.

Amaira slowly took small small steps and she tip-toed towards Piyush as careful as possible. She almost came beside his torso and slowly extended her hands, ready to take the phone and run off.

But luck did not favour her. As she was about to lay her hands on the phone, Piyush immediately woke up and caught her hands. Amaira's heart skipped a beat.

"Oh darling, what are you upto naughty? Were to trying to kiss me in sleep?" Said Piyush mockingly.

"N-no, I-I was just... There was some dust in your hair.. So-s I was just..you know.." Stammered Amaira and gave a fake smile.

"Umm.. I see." Said Piyush and got up. "Okay, make breakfast for me till then I'll fresh up my self." Said Piyush as he yawned and went past Amaira.

"Okay. And good morning." Added Amaira.

Piyush stared at her for few seconds before telling good morning back and headed towards the washroom.

Amaira immediately headed towards kitchen to make some breakfast for Piyush. She made Piyush's favorite raw egg mixed with milk and banana bread. She regretted the attempt to take the phone because she had a very strong feeling that Piyush already came to know what she was upto.

'I just hope Piyush doesn't do anything this time. Oh god please save me.' Thought Amaira and bit her lower lip.

She was now chopping some almonds and cashews facing her back towards the door of the kitchen. Just then Piyush came and hugged her from behind.

"Why didn't you have bath today?" He said as he came closer to her ears.

"Bath? Piyush you know I take bath early in the morning." Said Amaira continuing to chop the dry nuts.

"Hmmm.. Great. Alright. Come with me upstairs." He said and didn't wait for her to reply back and dragged her immediately.

Amaira almost jumped. "But, but I made the breakfast for you. Have it and then we can go upstairs." She said as calmly as possible, making sure not to annoy Piyush. He still kept dragging her all the way.

When finally reached upstairs to their bedroom, Piyush opened the bathroom door and pushed Amaira inside with full force that she almost slipped.

"Piyush! That hurt--

"Quiet. What were you planning at? Thought I wouldn't know?" Said Piyush mockingly.

"Noo.. What are you even talking? I-I don't know." Said Amaira almost in an urge to cry.

"Whatever. This will make you be scared of me. Remember you told the last night that you weren't scared? Now have this dar.." Said Piyush and removed a plastic bag from his pocket and unzipped it and emptied the bag by throwing the stuff that it had on the floor of the bathroom.

Amaira screamed on top of her lungs after seeing the filthy pile of cockroaches crawling here and there. She wanted to puke. She hated cockroaches to the fullest.