CHAPTER 14 : GLIMPSE OF THE PAST.

Piyush's POV -

I was as usual sitting in the last bench all alone with my head buried down in my folded arms. Yes, I was all alone. I have no friends, no best friends, no close friends, no one to share my problems with or share my emotions with. As usual my day was boring even today.

It was almost a month since school started and I'm in class 9 now. I lost faith in friendship. My hope of getting new friends at least this year was fading slowly. Now, it was all me and my silence that shared company with.

"Good morning class. Please sit down." Said Pooja ma'am, our maths teacher as she walked in. "Today we will proceed with our Algebra chapter. Please take out your books and required stationary." She said and started explaining the chapter and sums. It was all Greek and Latin to me. Boring class brings out the best artistic skills on oneself. I was drawing monsters and devils along the margin of the book and was suddenly distracted when somebody called out my name.

"Hey you there, yes you. What are doing there? Dreaming? You will never change! Tell me what did I explain just now?" Barked the maths teacher.

"I-I well... You were explaining maths to us." I said to which the class started laughing. Our class had very small strength and so it was easy for me to see who was laughing at me.

"Get out of my class you fool. This has become your daily routine." Said the maths teacher furiously.

I had no other option, but to walk out of the class. This had really become my routine everyday. As I was going out, I saw girls and boys laughing at me as if I'm a circus joker. But there's someone who caught my eyes. She wasn't laughing at me. She had pure concern in her eyes which looked down immediately as they met mine. I wondered why she wasn't laughing.

I sat outside, with gaining attention from every one who was passing by. I silently prayed while waiting for lunch hour because I was hungry.

Finally it was time for lunch. My mother don't allow me to eat outside food and so she packs me food while others go to canteen. Being rich didn't fetch me friends, even though some turned up but I ignored them because they are greedy. I just wanted one truthful friend.

As usual I went to my favorite corner and sat alone to eat my lunch. As I was about to take a bite of my favorite 'Aloo ka paratha' somebody gave a voice from behind.

"Excuse me?" Her voice was angelic.

I slowly turned and saw the same girl in my class, whom I didn't notice from 1 month.

"Yes." I spoke up trying not to scare her. Her beautiful hazel orbs showed her innocence and kindness. Her dark brown hair was flowing all over her face which made her look double times prettier than she was.

"Are you okay if I have lunch with you?" Her words brought nothing but developed huge confusion within me.

"Wh-what?" I stammered.

"Chill. I just wanted to help you and make friends with you. That's it." She said. She was beautiful both externally and internally.

"S-sure."

"Thanks." She said and made her way in front of me and sat. "I... Well, I actually want to help you. I've heard teachers talk about you, about how intelligent you were and came first in class. I understand that there's something which is making you to stop studying."

"Thank you so much for your concern. I'm glad to hear that. But are you sure you wanna be friends with me? I mean people will start laughing at you too." I said confidently.