CHAPTER 26 : THE RESCUE

"Ready?" Asked Smrithi to the other two women present there.

"Yes, I am." Said Amaira.

"So am I," said Disha following Amaira.

The three off them wandered off on the roads of Dow Hill in the chilly night, trying to cover their identity. Smrithi dressed as usual in her doctor's coat but Amaira and Disha dressed up completely different.

Amaira for the first time wore a nurse uniform (baby pink and white) ; so did Disha. Both were having a strange feeling wearing them but had full confident look on their faces although they're not habituated with carrying them in a nurse style.

"When should we wear the masks?" Asked Disha while walking down the street.

"Before we enter the gate. Make sure you have your fake name badges pinned on your uniform," said Smrithi to which both Amaira and Disha nodded.

They reached their end within no time. They got down their hired taxi and put on their masks and fake name badges, which bore the name Tina Athul in one and Olivia Mathew in another.

They reached the main gate where the two security guards were gossiping happily. They saw Smrithi and greeted her followed by opening the huge gate for them. They went inside without showing a sign of nervousness. It was almost 10:15 now and most of the patients were in their wards, sleeping peacefully. Many doctors signed out. Smrithi made a phone call before actually going inside, to the reception counter. They sat in the bench which was placed in front of the fountain. Smrithi dialled a number.

"Hello," said a hoarse voice from the other end.

"Hello doctor, this is Smrithi. Are you done for today?" She asked informally.

"Yes, I think the other two doctors left already. I've got other patients to treat now," he said.

"Okay, I just came to the hospital. I had some urgent works. Which medicine should I give to Piyush today?" Asked Smrithi.

"Oh, I wrote it down in the prescription and pinned it on the board. Check it out there," he replied.

"Sure. Goodnight," she said and immediately cut the call. "Let's go in ; the doctors don't have night shift luckily." She said to Amaira and Disha.

They walked towards the reception counter where Disha saw the same handsome receptionist packing a stack of, what seemed like registers. He hadn't notice the three of them coming in.

"Hey Arnav, are you leaving already?" Asked Smrithi to the receptionist, to which he turned and looked around.

'so his name is Arnav. Cute.' thought Disha and immediately brushed off the thought.

"Yes. Within 5 minutes. Just some clean up works I have now," he said and came forward.

"Listen Arnav, I need your help," said Smrithi to which Amaira and Disha were shocked.

"Yes, madam, please go on," he said and starred at her anxiously.

"These both are the ones who came to you earlier to know about Piyush's whereabouts," she said. "This is Amaira and this is Disha," she said pointing to each of them.

"Oh okay, how should I help you then?" He asked ready to accept anything Smrithi says.

"I need you to help me out with rescuing Piyush from here," she said.

"Wh-what? What? Vivaan sir? What about him?" He stammered.

"Don't worry about him. And listen let this be between us four only. Be careful. I'll be waiting in his ward. Complete the works and come soon," Smrithi said and signalled Amaira and Disha to follow her.