{richie}

Smart, pretty, strong, sarcastic. I was the "perfect" girl for him according to the losers. we had always shared a bond with each other. we always laughed at each other's snarky, inappropriate jokes. we were best friends and no one would ever change that.

one day, i was in the bathroom, reading a book and eating an apple, waiting for school to end so i could leave with the other losers. my hair was in a tight pony tail and i wore a light grey shirt with a black skirt and knee high socks.

half way through the 10th chapter of my book, the main bitch herself knocked on my stall door.

"i know youre in there, freak" gretta said through the door.

"fuck off, bitch" i cursed back taking a bite of my apple. she then, kicked the door in, as the locks were older than dirt.

"hey freak" gretta grinned, dragging me out of the stall onto the floor in front of all her friends.

the names, the punches, the kicks, each brought me down more than the one before. i tried to keep it inside but it was getting harder as their attacks had become more frequent. i kicked up at gretta's leg, watching her weak ass fall over, got up, grabbed my shit, and dashed outside.

"hey guys" i coughed out.

i could feel the blood leaking from my lip, the bruises all over, the pain on the inside. id been bottling up so many emotions and feelings that i almost felt numb.

"Holy shit, what happened to you!?" richie yells out, running to me.

the other losers looked at me with their mouths hanging open. did i look that bad?

"none of your fucking business. lets just get to the park" i roughly let out, wiping blood away from my nose and lip.

"alright, fine, but im not letting this go" he warns me, slinging his arm around my shoulders, protectively.

the bike ride to the park was silent. when we got there, i sat down on a bench as eddie unzipped his fanny pack, pulling out alcohol pads and band-aids.

"why the fuck do you just carry those on you?" richie chuckles at eddie.

"for situations like these, dipshit" eddie snaps back.

i chuckle at eddie and richies bickering and appreciate my best friends.

eddie handed me the alcohol pads and band-aids before zipping up his fanny pack.

"thanks, eddie."

"no problem" he grins as he walks to the bench across from me.

i sat down with beverly on the bench talking about the shit gretta does, as the boys queitly whispered about me on the other bench. i wasnt sure what they were saying but i wasnt paying much attention for it to bother me anyways.

richie's POV

"Do you see how fucked up she looks?" eddie asked me, referring to y/n. all the losers knew i liked her. no matter how much i denied it. everyone knew, except her.

"Do you know how many accidents and diseases could kill you today?" eddie asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. i cocked an eyebrow at him.

"A whole lot" he says, looking at me like hes about to name everything that could go wrong.

"Go tell her, before its too late." eddie said, patting me on the shoulder.

"yeah, grow up and do it already" mike encouraged.

"its about time you use your mouth for something better than annoying us" stan adds, rolling his eyes.

"i mean, i guess" i say back, feeling the palms of my hands start to sweat. i wipe them on my jeans as i hear bill and ben start to quietly cheer for me as i walk over to y/n.

"can i talk to her alone?" i ask beverly, as she inspects a cut y/n is cleaning up.

beverly smiles, getting up and joining the boys on the other bench.

"nice knee socks, hot stuff" i chuckle out as she pulls them back up her bruised legs.

"sup, trashmouth" she softly grinned.

"cut the bullshit, y/l/n, what the fuck happend to you?" i ask her.

"gretta and her bitchie minions." she breathed out unsteadily, rolling her eyes.

"those sons of bitches" i swear under my breath.

"its fine really. it doesnt bother me." she sighs. i can see tears welling up in her eyes.

"it obviously does if you're crying. they hurt you. you need to get these emotions that you've been hiding from us out." i tell her, wrapping an arm around her as tears start to fall out of her eyes.

"sometimes i feel like I'll never be good enough." she begins "never good enough to be accepted at school. never good enough for my parents. never good enough for you, or them" she cries harder.

"shut up about that bullshit. Those ass faces are just jelous that you're better than them. you have real friends and youre really fucking pretty" i rant, as she lays her head on my shoulder.
my heart starts thumping harshly but i still hold her close, shes not usually like this.

"i dont know. they just make me feel so... so... weak" she croaks out, wiping tears from under her eyes.

"then dont act all weak." i say.
she looks at me all confused.

"don't think i forgot how we met" i smirk at her.

"i punched tommy g. in the nose for taking my crayon in kindergarten." she laughs.

"thats right, and you were the most bad ass 6 year old there. in that moment i knew you and i, were gonna click." i reassured her.

she let out a light laugh and then put her head back onto my shoulder.

i turned to the other losers for a signal to do something or not and they all nodded yes.

guess the time is now.

man up, richie.

"h-hey y/n" i stutter "can i tell you something?"

"of course," y/n responds, picking her head off my shoulder, facing me.

this is it...

i can do this..

"would you uh- i uhm- you uh-" i try to speak but i cant seem to get anything out.

"i thought bill was the stuttering one" she giggled.

"uhm- i- FUCKING HELL!" i stutter again.

"you okay, tozier?" she asks, amused.

"ugh. fuck it. you make me feel all... weird and shit, inside" i try telling her.

she cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Holy shit! I like you! Is it that hard to tell? I thought it was kinda obvious!" i blurt out, coming out meaner than i intended.

"well. oh. uhm. okay." she starts.
i could feel my heart crumbling.
she kisses my cheek.
my face turns 12 different shades of red.

"youre lucky i like you back, asshole" she laughs and puts her head back on my shoulder.

"that was easy" i mutter under my breath, wrapping an arm around her as the boys and beverly come up from behind us, clapping.

"FINALLY" stan shouts.

y/n blushes lightly as i pull her closer to me to make space for everyone else on the bench.

·
·
·
·
authors note:
this was low key a mix of richie, finn, and season 2 mike (stranger things) character wise in my head. idk why but i like it so \_(°3°)_/