Chapter 8- The Meet

Picture of Ariel (Now Grown if you are just coming from the first book) above

Jace~

I was a grinning fool.

Malia had been paired with me for a project and a day had gone by yet I stil felt an unnecessary excitement. Why? I wish I knew. Hell, she was just a classmate. I didn't know shit about her.

We were meeting today at my brothers house and I had already called ahead to see if they can get some snacks ready. Since Jules was still unable to do much due to her pregnancy, Ace had called Ariel over. Apparently her afternoon class was canceled, but she hadn't told us because...well, she was still avoiding us.

But not today.

"Is Vlad really coming? From Russia?" Titus asks as we make our way out of school.

My jaw clenches at the thought of an outsider posing a possible threat to us. "Yes. We arranged that we would meet-"

My phone rings, interrupting our conversation and I'm slightly annoyed. It's one of the younger men who are still in the process of joining me. They each have to earn my trust in order to join my Mafia.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry, boss. But I just received word that the Russian Mafia will be arriving in a few hours."

At this moment, I go from annoyed to fucking heated. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN A FEW HOURS!?"

You could practically feel his cringe at me yelling at him over the phone.

"O-One of his m-men had called to inform that th-they had just landed," he stutters, his voice just unsure and unsteady.

I growl and sneer at everyone who walks by, staring at me as if I were going to pounce at them.

I abruptly turn to Titus, who already seems to be talking on the phone, nodding at me in reassurance that he was taking care of it.

I grit my teeth and say, "Until I say otherwise, you will be reporting to Titus on this matter, do you understand? Do not disturb me unless it is an emergency- Am I clear?!"

"Ye-Yes, Boss."

Without another word, I hang up and stalk over to my car. I just need to cool down.

Vlad had arrived sooner than planned. We had originally arranged to meet in two days. I guess I had forgotten the fact that, in Russian time, two days is today.

I sigh, frustrated. But leave the parking lot as fast as I could. I don't even bother to check if Titus was following me; the rumbling of his own car right behind me let's me know he was.

As soon as I pull up to Aces gate, his men let me through. By the time Titus pulls up, I'm already in the door.

"Jace, you're here early," Ace says, coming out the kitchen with Carter in his arms. "Ariel's already in the kitchen getting some snacks ready. Jules and I will be going to Sal's Diner for Willow's free lunch anniversary and we're taking Carter so if you need anything, Ariel is here."

I frown when he says that Ariel was in the kitchen, but when everything comes back, I get even more frustrated.

"Shit." I rub at my temples and wait until I hear Titus come in the door to tell him, "Have Ariel make two cups of coffee with a shot of whiskey in mine and bring it to the office. I'm gonna go change in my spare room."

Titus nods and goes off into the kitchen. I'm about to walk upstairs, but stop when Ace puts a hand on my shoulder, a confused look on his face.

"I thought you and this girl were going to stay in the living room. Why do you need my office?" he asks.