Chapter 19- Surpise Surprise

Malia~

I ran down the school hallway as fast as I could in my heels. Girls say it makes us hard to run away, but I seemed to be running just fine.

I rush into a nearby bathroom and into a stall, locking it behind me as I press my back against the wall.

Deep breathes, Malia. Deep breathes,  I tell myself.

I can't believe he- we kissed. And I actually kissed him back...and liked it.

I groan and move to sit on the toilet. I bend down to unclasp my heels from my feet, then let my head rest in my hands.

"How can you be so stupid, Malia?" I think out loud. "How can you kiss him after everything he's done for you and Aaron." I shake my head. "Yeah. Great way in making yourself look like a gold-digging whore."

I stand up and pace the bathroom stall, groaning out loud as I run my fingers through my hair. All I could think about is Jace and what had happened in that classroom.

I decided that I was going to go back out there and deal with this now before we would have to go home and be awkward to each other.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll do that," I tell myself.

I grab my heels and leave the bathroom, deciding that I couldn't care less what anybody had to say- if I was going back in there, I was going in barefoot and comfortable.

I step back into the gym, my eyes searching for Reese, Rachel, and Cici first before I look for Jace.

But instead it finds him- and my breathing stops.

He's standing in a corner near the doors, a black flask in his hand as he drinks out of it...and a girl on his left arm. She's kissing up his neck and he does nothing to push her away.

Wow. We were just kissing in that classroom not even ten minutes ago and he's already on another girl.

I scoff. I guess that was my own fault. I ran out of there like I didn't want to be touched by him. Kissed by him.

But I did. And that's what I came out here to tell him, but I guess I read him wrong.

He didn't want to kiss me.

I scoff once more and turn my back on him just as the tears start to swell. I push through the crowd and find Rachel, Reese, and Cici in the center trying to dance.

They looked like they were having so much fun. Now that I felt like my whole night was ruined, I just wanted to go home, but I didn't want to interrupt and ruin their night too.

So I turned, picked the bottom half of my dress up, and tried to push back through the crowd. My saddened state didn't help because I was too tired to push and let students bump into me.

Until an arm wrapped itself around my waist and tugged me until we were pushed into the tight crowd.

"Dance with me," a rugged voice hissed in my ear, one I didn't recognize. "Or your friends die."

I gasp and look past the dancing students to see three, but well hidden men in the crowd, a gun in their belt.

The ecstasy and fun people were having made them blind to the dangerous men in the room.

I slowly looked up to my unknown partner and see that he's smirking down at me.

"Who are you?" I ask, trying to untangle myself from his grip.