Chapter 10- Vlad...Ariel?

Picture of Vlad above & Song for this Chapter.

Jace~

I don't know why I helped her. I keep trying to think that maybe anyone else would've done the same. But thinking back on it? Our generation is a bit too self-centered so yeah...no.

But the image of her broken, bleeding, and sobbing tugged at something in my chest. I had so many questions I had wanted to unload on her, but after seeing the look she was giving me, I thought it best to leave it alone. For now.

The moment I had seen her trying to leave school so suddenly, I knew something was up. The cuts on her thighs just confirmed my suspicions.

For some reason, its still bothering me as I make my way back home. She was fine the night before. She didn't have a broken arm or blood soaked thighs. Then, all of a sudden, she comes to school half alive.

I frown and pick up my phone as I park in my driveway.

"Go for Neal," he answers.

Neal was my personal investigator I had hired two years ago. He was making ten dollars an hour at his shitty firm when I had found him. At the time, I had figured I had a mole in my Mafia, so I wanted something done.

I had come to Neal on my own to ask for help since he was highly suggested. I was surprised to find out he was working for a firm that didn't appreciate his skills.

He had found the mole in less than two days. I couldn't just let him go back to work like he did, so I hired him permanently. Now, he does background checks and investigations for all my clients, members of my Mafia under suspicion, and anyone new in the area.

He had a guy inside the Police department who lets him know of any interesting news. If anything that is even remotely dangerous to my Mafia, he lets me know so we could handle it ourselves.

"Look at a background check for someone named Malia Goode and her residence. You should've already done one, but I want to hear what you got."

"Yes, boss. I'll get back to you once I've gone through it."

Without another word, I hang up since I know he'll get right to work. I want to know all I can about Malia. I know this is invasion of privacy, but I have a good feeling she'll fight me on the truth.

Steeping out of my car, I walk up the steps and enter my house, my eyes darting to the mess Malia and I left behind. I sigh and begin putting things away.

My maids only come to clean my house on the weekends when I do not stay the night. During the week, I like to have privacy and only call for them if there is a mess I cannot clean on my own.

The same goes for my head chef. He only comes when I am too lazy to cook, but they all get paid for the time they do and don't spend here which is 300 a day. Meaning they get $21,000 a week.

My phone rings and I take it out to see Brooks name flashing on the screen.

"Make it fast. I have a call I'm waiting for," I snap, turning from my living room to walk up the stairs.

"Yovoka is waiting for you," he says, his tone almost pissed, but void.

I abruptly stop midstep. "Where?"

"Your Company office."

I growl. "How the fuck did he get in the building?!"

He's quiet for a moment before, "He might've bribed some of the buildings security details."