Treat You Better • FOUR

"I'll stop time for you,
The second you say you'd like me too.
I just wanna give you,
The loving that you're missing."

• F o u r •
Treat You Better

"Kol?" I hiccuped.

"Darling?" He answered my phone call, voice raspy like he had just woken up.

"Did I w-wake you?" I whispered.

"Uh, kind of," he chuckled. "I was planning to sleep in. What's wrong, Charlie? You sound like you've been crying."

"D-Damon and I... we just fought. Or talked. I don't know and now I'm sad. And I just... I just want a hug."

"Darling. If I was there I'd hold you till you felt better," he sighed. "What did Damon say?"

"It's not about what he said. It's what he didn't say. And what I said."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and I sniffled.

"No."

"Okay... Where are you, gorgeous?"

"My car. I just got back to my house. I was at the police station. They arrested Alaric. My teacher and ex vampire hunter. He's accused of being the serial killer around town. And... I'm a little stressed about that too," I answered.

"Do you think he did it?"

"He's a good guy, Kol. He's smart, he's caring, and he's been there for... well, Damon and Elena..."

"What about you?"

"I never needed him for anything. I mean, I guess I barely know him. He's just like Damon's best friend. And my history teacher. He's also Elena and Jeremy's guardian. He's stuck around when they've lost their aunt after they lost their parents."

"Well, he sounds nice," he commented. "Don't dwell on it, darling. I'm sure it'll be alright."

"Yeah, you're probably right," I mumbled. "So how was your night? Did you make it somewhere nice?"

"Yeah, I'm in Florida right now. Not sure how long I'll stay here," he said and I hummed.

"I wish I was somewhere warm," I commented.

"I wish you were here."

I blushed, staying silent. He didn't say anything either. So we stayed on the phone, listening to the others breathing. "I should get out of my car," I sighed.

He chuckled softly. I climbed out of my car, holding the phone to my ear. I walked straight into to my house, heading for the kitchen. I pulled out a tub of ice cream, ready to indulge.

"We should go on a date," Kol said suddenly.

I froze in place due to shock. I put the ice cream tub on the counter and blinked a few times. What did he say? "A what? H-how are we going to go on a date when your miles and miles away," I mumbled quietly.

"You're not saying no," he pointed out. My lips tugged up and I moved to grab a spoon, not responding. "Can we Skype?"

I stayed silent a little longer. "Yes," I answered him and then there was a small thud before I heard him cheer away from the phone. I giggled then. "Kol?"