All I Have • SIX

"Ain't nothing you can say to me
That can change my mind;
I got to let you go now.
And nothing will ever be the same,
So just be on your way.
Go ahead and do your thing now."

• S i x •
All I Have

I knocked on the door loudly as I heard construction or something going on inside Ric's apartment. "Elena! I already told you to go away," Damon growled, opening the door.

"Sorry wrong chick," I said. I furrowed my brows as he stepped out in the hallway suddenly. I took a step back so we could both fit outside the door. "What's going on in there? Caroline texted me on behalf of Elena to check on Ric and make sure you were taking good care of him."

"I am, baby," he smiled uneasily.

"You're lying. Let me in," I frowned,

"No," he said. "It's fine. You can go."

"What's all that noise, Damon?" I asked, pushing to get around him. The door behind him suddenly opened.

"Let her in," Ric said. I smirked as Damon stepped out my way. I walked into the apartment spotting Stefan also here.

"What are you guys doing?" I gasped, looking around. Stefan ignores me, continuing to saw pieces of wood. And there was another table with stakes piling up. "Damon!"

"Shh," Damon shushed me, shutting the front door. Ric walked off to plop on the couch.

"I asked you to wait," I spat, shoving Damon as I turned to face him head on. "You promised to wait until they were unlinked, Damon."

"I am waiting. I haven't went after any of them," he retorted.

"You're not waiting," I stated. "Stop lying to me! Why can't you ever just tell the truth?"

"Fine we're not planning to wait!" Damon raised his voice, throwing his hands up. "How can I wait for them to be unlinked? Who the hell is going to unlink them?"

"I can't believe you," I sighed, turning to leave. Damon caught my arm though. "I can't trust you. I can't talk to you. Why the fuck would I ever take you back?"

And his hand dropped from my forearm. "I'm sorry, Lottie," he said softly.

"No, you're not," I scoffed, letting myself out the front door. I headed to my car without being stopped but as I started it up I got a text from Damon: go home. Stay out of this. And don't tell anyone, Lottie - Damon.

I went home. I needed to decide what to do to protect Kol. To protect all of them. And I also needed to calm down. So I called Kol. I figured his voice would relax me. I had time, I'm sure. They were still making stakes like a damn assembly line.

"Hello, darling," Kol answered, voice raspy.

"D-did I wake you?" I whispered, entering my bedroom.

"Mhm. You okay?"

"Y-yes."

"Why are you stuttering, Charlie? What's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing."

"Mm. Are you lying to me, princess?"

I blushed. "You sound sexy just waking up," I blurted out, desperately wanting to change the subject and calm my racing heart.