Wildfire • TWENTY

"Play me like your first guitar,
Where every single note's too hard.
I don't even care, you can take me there.
We can set the world on fire."

• T w e n t y •
Wildfire

"Ah! There she is! She made it," Carol grinned, waving me over. I smiled and waved at the trio of ladies all sitting the large borne settee off towards the corner of the room by all the shoes lining half a wall of the boutique.

I gave Kol's hand a squeeze as I led him over to the three women. "Oooh, is this the new boyfriend?" Bianca asked, smirking at me. "Handsome as hell."

Kol chuckled softly, "thank you."

"Kol, lovely to see you again. Excuse my dear friend," Carol said standing up and pulling him into an unexpected hug. "I feel like we're family. You dating Lottie, she's like a daughter to me, you know."

"She talks highly of you," Kol assured her as she let him go.

"Well, everyone meet my boyfriend. His name is Kol. Babe this is Bianca, Carol's old college roommate. She owns this boutique. And then that's Angie, Bianca's sister," I introduced him.

He shook hands with both women, greeting them kindly with a charming smile on his face that at least Angie swooned over. "Where's Nate?" I questioned, looking around for the flamboyant sales manager.

"He went to the bathroom a couple—there he is," Angie said, pointing behind me.

"Who is this tall, dark, and handsome?" Nate nearly exclaimed rushing over. "Oh, Lottie! You're here? Oh, my god! Is this your new boo? Mmmmm, damn girl, aren't you lucky?"

"Babe, this is Nate and Nate, this is my man, Kol. Emphasis on the fact he's mine," I teased as Nate hugged me.

"Hello, hottest guy I've ever seen," Nate flirted, sticking out his hand to Kol. He then winked at me as Kol took his hand.

"Nice to meet ya," Kol smiled.

"Don't confuse polite and friendly with flirting," I told Nate, elbowing him playfully.

"Listen, I can't control myself when this delicious man is just standing here," Nate said, fanning himself.

"Enough," Angie scolded her son, coming behind him to smack the back of his head. "He don't want you."

Kol laughed lightly, pulling me into his arms. My back pressed to his chest while his head rested on my shoulder. "He's funny," Kol said.

"He's dramatic and I adore him," I giggled.

"Well, ladies we have dresses to pick out. Kol, why don't you take a seat? Get comfortable and help your girlfriend pick a perfect dress for the winter charity," Bianca said.

"I'd be more help if I could be in the dressing room with you," Kol mumbled sexily in my ear.

"Babe," I hissed, cheeks burning red. "Stop it."

"I like seeing you blush."

"I like my face to be cool," I retorted.