Something

I was finishing wrapping up an Engineers leg when the alarms went off. The engineering deck was on lock down. I looked at Bones and we ran to the bridge to see what was going on. By the time we got there Spock was speaking with Kirk and a man who was soaking wet.

" Are you a member of Starfleet?" Spock questioned the man. " I.. um.. yes. Can I get a towel, please?" I went in the medical cabinet we had on the bridge and handed the man a towel.

"Thank you lass, who might you be? I am Montgomery Scott but please call me Scotty." Scotty said winking at me; I couldn't believe he was trying to flirt with me. Spock moved in front of me before I could do or say anything. " She is none of your concern,  under penalty of court martial, I order you to explain to me how you were able to beam aboard this ship while moving at warp."

"Well.." "Don't answer him" Kirk said eyeing Spock.

"What is it with you, Spock? Hmm? Your planet was just destroyed, your mother murdered, and you're not even upset." Kirk taunted Spock, "And yet you were the one who said fear was necessary for command. Did you see his ship? Do you see what he did?"

"Yes, of course I did"

" So, are you afraid or aren't you?"

"I will not allow you to lecture me about the merits of emotion." Spock stated clearly annoyed.

"Then why don't you stop me." Kirk just wanted to pick a fight. Everything had to be his way or the highway.

"Step away from me, Mister..." Spock was agitated but tried to stay calm.

"What is it like not to feel anger or heartbreak or the need to stop at nothing to avenge the death of the woman who gave birth to you?" Kirk is taking this way too far. "Kirk! Stand down. " I exclaimed trying to stop him.

" Why should I? He feels nothing!" He turned to Spock, "It must not even compute for you! You never loved your mother!"

They began to fight and Spock was strangling Kirk. I could intervene but this was not my fight. Kirk was going to pass out any moment until Sarek spoke up.

"Spock!" His father yelled and Spock turned around looking to his father and then me. " I am no longer fit for duty. I hereby relinquish my command, based on the fact that I have been emotionally compromised. Please note the time and date in the ship's log." Spock leaves towards the turbolift.

" I like this ship! You know, it's exciting." Scotty said. I glared at him as now as not the time for jokes. I turn and head to the turbolift hoping to catch up to Spock.

Spock's POV

Father stopped me, " speak your mind, Spock."

"That would be unwise." I said looking at the floor feeling ashamed of my actions.

"What is necessary is never unwise"

"I'm as conflicted as I once was as a child.I feel anger for the one who took mother's life. An anger I cannot control. "  I look to my father for advice.

"I believe, as she would say, do not try to. You asked me once why I married your mother. I married her because I loved her." My father stated and walked away. I was walking to my quarters trying to think of the most logical thing to do. I then realized what I must do logical or not when Lauryn stopped me.

Lauryn's POV

I  passed Sarek and finally found Spock walking down a corridor, " Spock wait!" I said and grabbed his wrist. He stopped and turned around. I was about to speak, but he beat me to it." Lauryn I must tell you something."

*********

Thanks for reading!