See I am a good pilot

Spock and I made our way down to the transporter room where Scotty and Keenser were waiting for us. Scotty turned around with a surprised look, " Lauryn? What are you doin here?"

" I am going in one of those space crafts with Spock," I said causually walking onto the platform.

" I cannae believe you are down here. It isn't safe f-"

" I don't want to hear it Mister Scott. I am not letting Spock do this alone and Bones crashed the ship last time, so I am going," I told Scotty and he put his hands up in defense. Spock and I had our phaser ready waiting for Scotty to get the transporter ready.

"Engergize," Spock and I said simulateneously. We looked at each other and smiled as we were beamed onto the small ship. These were moments I loved. Fighting along side my best friend.

We looked at each other before holding onto the ship, ejecting the aliens out into space. I climbed onto the the stearing mechanism while Spock was the navigator.

"This isn't so bad," I said flying the ship just missing the other drones. I weaved around the other drones and Spock turned around surprised.

" I do no recall you having any piloting experience," Spock looked out of the craft noticing how fast I was going and dodging objects.

"I don't, but this is like those old simulation video games I used to play as a child," I turned the ship around before crashing and zoomed the other way.

* On the USS Franklin*

We all looked out at the drones flying to Yorktown. There was this one ship that was flying around like crazy, dodging the other ships and going really fast.

" Yep. There they are," Jim said pointing the ship out to the rest of the crew, " Your mommy is a crazy driver," Jim said looking down at Evie. Evie giggled watching her parents out in space.

*Back on the small drone*

"Spock to Franklin."

" We see you Spock. Lauryn is driving like a mad woman," Jim said over the comm. I rolled my eyes as I continued to avoid crashing into other drones.

"Captain, from what I see, the ships are indeed sharing a subgraphic language to coordinate their actions. Sending to you now." Spock said patching the signal through to the Franklin.

"That was the signal," we heard Uhura say, " They weren't jamming us, they were talking to each other."

"How do we get them to stop talking?" Jim said before taking his hand off the comm. Great now I don't know what they are talking about. Then it came to me. I pressed my comm button, " Jim?"

" Yes Lauryn?"

" Why don't you use VHF?"

" VHF. Uh never thought about that. Thank you Lauryn. You are a life saver!" Jim said before leaving his chair.

Spock looked back at me, " Why VHF?"

" A very high frequency is the range for radio frequency electromagnetic waves. It will be so loud that it will destroy their ships," I said all proud of myself for remembering physics. Gosh I hated physics.

"Would that also destroy our ship as well?" Spock said with a smirk. Why did he always have to be smarter than me.  Just then we heard Jim come over the comm, " Spock, standby to drop out of formation."

"See, Jim was thinking about our safety. We will be fine," I said taking my eyes off the path and barely grazing the ship next to us. Spock looked back at me again with a fearful look.