Dr. Leonard Mccoy

It was now month two of our expedition. Everything has been going great to say the least. Everyone congratulated Spock and I on our engagement  except for a few red shirts. Uhura has been helping me plan the wedding, which we planned to have once we have landed back on Earth. Spock wanted to wait to having the bondmate ceremony until we were back on Earth so his father and maybe Spock Prime would come. Today was a little different though.

I was laying in bed miserable when Spock came back with some tea. I have had flu like symptoms since this morning and Spock was doing everything to make sure I was alright. I told him he needed to go to the bridge for work and he insisted that I see Bones if my illness worsens. I promised him that I would see Bones and with that he left our quarters. I jumped out of bed and put on something and made my way down to the Medbay.

I think Spock may have forgotten that I was a doctor and I am pretty sure I know what "illness" I have. I was fatigued, moody, nauseous, and my period was late. Just the thought of me being pregnant made me so happy. I am pretty sure I am, I just need Bones to confirm it. I walked into Medbay and Bones was nowhere to be found. I walked in his office and there he was messing around with a tribble.

" Well if it isn't soon to be Mrs. Spock, what can I do for ya darlin'? Spock told me you were feelin well so what seems to be the matter?" Bones got up and set the tribble in a cage walking over to me.

I just smiled at Bones and he looked at me a little confused, "Oh nothing is really wrong, I just need you to run some tests to confirm a hypothesis of mine." I said making my way over to the medical table waiting for him to run some blood tests.

Bones paused for a moment, "Well okay, but Spock told me you had the flu?"

"He should have said flu like symptoms," I said smiling. Bones started putting the pieces together. "You're pregnant?!?" he half shouted. "Shh, I don't know for sure, that is why I am here you bonehead, but I am almost positive I am." I laughed at Bones. Bones grumbled something and took my blood.

I sat there in his office waiting for the results. My mind began to race thinking of everything that could happen. What if I really am pregnant? What will Spock think or even say? Is this too soon? We aren't even married yet! But I do love him and he loves me so it will be fine. It will be just fine. I tried to reassure myself as Bones walked in.

"Congratulations Lauryn, you and pointy ears are going to be parents," Bones said with a smile, "The tests show you are about 3 weeks pregnant. You can have the rest of the day off even though you never technically came in this morning, but I will need you to come every month for check ups."

" Thanks Leo." I walked out of Medbay and made my way to the bridge. How should I tell Spock? Most importantly how will he react? It's probably best to just tell him straight forward.

"Permission to enter the bridge" The crew turned to me shocked that I wasn't in uniform. "Permission granted," Kirk said as I walked towards him but he had a smirk on his face, " I thought you were sick Commander?"

"I am," I coughed a few times trying to convince him, " I was wondering if Spock can take the rest of the day off to take care of me."

Spock got up from his seat and came over to me, "I highly doubt I can give the medical attention you need when Dr. Mccoy is the second best doctor aboar-" I elbowed him in the ribs. He looked at me confused by my actions.

"Please Jim," I said innocently. I just really wanted to tell Spock back at our quarters not knowing how he was going to take the news.

" Sure. Now go you lovebirds." Kirk said returning to his work.

I started dragging Spock back to our quarters when he had to question me. "Why did you nudge me earlier. Clearly Dr. McCoy can give you better medical attention."

"Spock I did go see Bones. I just wanted to get you alone so I can tell you what is going on." I said as we finally reached our quarters. Once we got inside I turned around and took Spock's hands in mine.

"There is something that I need to tell you," I looked up at Spock. "Anything my th'y'la"

"I'm pregnant." I sad waiting for a response, but he just froze. I started to worry if he was angry and just wasn't showing it or what was going on.

"I am going to be a father?" He looked down at me. "Yes," I nodded.

He picked me up and spun me around. "This is wonderful news," he said smiling. "Spock," I giggled, "put me down."

"I love you th'y'la"

"I love you too Spock"

***********

Thanks for reading! xx