Typical

It was currently month five our our sixth month mission. Everything was wonderful. Today marks me being four months pregnant and I couldn't be happier. I had my monthly appointment with Bones and we were going to find out the gender of the baby.

I had gotten out of bed earlier because I was way to excited to find out whether we were having a boy or a girl. I smoothed out my blue dress seeing the forming bump in the mirror. Spock and Bones both tried to convince me to not work, but I told them I am fine until the baby is born. There is no reason for me to quit working when I am completely healthy. I just stood there in the mirror staring at my bump. It wasn't big, not yet, but still amazing. 

I heard a groan and looked at Spock who was waking up. "My th'y'la what are you doing at such an early-" Spock stopped in his tracks. He was staring at my bump and would not take his eyes off it. He got out of bed and slowly made his way over to me. I turned to face Spock and his hands immediatly went to the bump. "Fascinating," was all Spock could mutter. Just as he spoke that very word, the baby kicked. Hard enough for Spock to feel and causing him to look at me. He looked at me with surprise, " I thought that wasn't suppose to happen until the fifth month?"

I just laughed at Spock, " I didn't think so either. He must be very strong."

"He?" Spock looked at the bump and knelt down next to it. "Well I think it is a boy, but we will find out today," I smiled down at Spock. " Yes we will," Spock made his way to his dresser pulling out his uniform, "We must go see Dr. McCoy now."

"Spock," I smiled shaking my head, "Bones is probably still in bed, our shifts do not start for another 10 minutes.

"You are right. I am just very eager to find out the gender," Spock came up behind me places his hands on my stomach. " As am I, " I say as I turn and look up to my fiance. "Well I guess we could see if Bones is early to work?"

" It is highly unlikely for Dr.Mccoy to be in his office before his shift begins, but you may try." Spock let go of me so I could grab my communicator.

"Hey Bonesy" I said sweetly hoping to not irritate him. I hear shuffling around before he picks up, "What do you need Lauryn?" He sounded irritated, but that is the usually. "Whatcha doin?"

" I got down to the Medbay early to prepare for your ultrasound today." And with that I dropped the communicator on the bed and started to drag Spock out of the room. " Lauryn you need to put shoes on, the floor out here is very unsanit-" I kissed Spock and his ears turned green. "Shoes aren't important right now, come on" I proceeded to pull Spock behind me as we made our way towards MedBay.

*back in Lauryn and Spock's quarters*

"Hello?......Lauryn?...........Typical." Bones turned off his communicator frustrated.

Spock was trying to keep up with me as we walked down the hall to Medbay. I was just couldn't contain my excitement. " My th'y'la you must slow down it could put stress on the baby." "Well we will see if Bones has anything to say about that," I stated as we went through the Medbay doors and Bones was there waiting for us.

" You had me scared there darlin'. You weren't picking up your communicator." Bones said gestering for me to lay on the table.
" Couldn't waste time Bonesy when we can find out what the baby is going to be." I smiled as held out my hand for a Vulcan kiss. Spock gladly joined fingers with me before holding my hand.

" Okay Lauryn this is going to be cold." Bones gave me no warning before putting the gel on my stomach. The cold gel didn't really bother me because I was too focused on finding out the gender.  Bones glided the ultrasound wand over me stomach and soon we were able to hear the heart beat. I was so happy just to hear the heartbeat that I had tears in my eyes.

"Congratulations you two, you are having a girl" Bones smiled wiping the gel off of me.

I look at Spock and surprised to see a single tear roll down his face. "Why are you crying?" I asked wiping the tear away, but worried about Spock because I have never seen him cry. "As humans say, they are tears of joy" He said with a slight smile before kissing me. Bones noticed Spock showing so much emotion that it freaked him out a little.

"My God Spock! Are you ill?!?" Bones rushed over to Spock taking his vitals.

"I am quiet healthy doctor. For some reason I am unable to control my emotions, but this feels right."

"Well alright," Bones was obviously not convinced,"Lauryn if you need anything do not hesitate to call me over."

"Will do Bones. If you don't mind we need to go to the bridge to tell the others the good news." I said getting off the table and Bones nodded agreeing with me. Spock grabbed my hand, " We are?"

"Yes. They are our friends, practically family, they deserve to know."

We finally reached the turbo lift and waited to enter the bridge. We stood there in silence because I was trying to think of how to tell the crew

"You were wrong about the gender." Spock said looking forward. "I know," I laughed, "But I am really happy it is a girl." Just then the doors opened and I started walking towards Jim.

Jim turned around in his chair , " I guess permission is granted. Spock your permission is granted too." Spock made his way over standing next to me. "Well we have some news," I started, but was soon interrupted by Mr.Sulu.

"Here we are captain, Planet Nirbiru."

******************

Thanks for reading! xx