Cadet to Commander

Lauryn was one of the most distinguished cadets at Starfleet Academy. She was the first human to be considered the most valuable to any crew. She was the youngest and most superlative doctor, she had the highest degree in biology, chemistry, and physics, and on top of it all she had comprehensive combat skills.

During her time at Starfleet Academy she was looked at as a "peculiar genius". She was naturally intelligent, but she had a love for nostaliga. Many thought it was odd that someone would be into classical music and movies from the 20th and 21st century. Some would make fun of her and others were just jealous of her accomplishments.

Being in the science division had its perks. Easy access to medical care, surrounded by intelligent cadets, and most importantly working with Spock. They have become great friends through their work.   She felt she finally found someone who understands her. They talked for hours on end about science and what advances could be made in the field and they both accepted each other for who they are.

Today was a big day for Lauryn and Spock, as both were to be awarded the title Commander. Lauryn and Spock stood in front of all the cadets in the Academy with Admiral Marcus holding the two distinguished cadet's new badges. He made a short speech about their achievements and awarded them their badges. Everyone clapped for the two Commanders despite the crowds jealousy. Lauryn turned to Spock smiling with joy over their achievement and couldn't believe what she saw. She saw Spock smile. It wasn't big, but just enough for Lauryn to notice. The sight of Spock showing emotion towards her made her smile even wider if it was possible. Whether Lauryn wanted to admit it or not, she had always had feelings for Spock. She couldn't help but think there was more than a friendship.

***********
A/N: Thanks for reading! New chapter almost everyday! xx