Visitors

Genesis shot out of bed, her eyes wide as the door was slammed open, two familiar figures running to her side.

"The same dream...?" Sister Elizabeth sighed, already knowing the answer.

It was always the same.

Father Greg wandered to the window, running a hand through his hair, his eyes weary as he stared out across the night sky. Nothing he could say would erase the memories that hung over her like a dark cloud.

He'd been trying and failing long enough to know that was true.

"At first I was just dreaming about the Tour de Lupus four years ago... but it always ends up the same – no matter how my nightmare starts..."

"It'll be OK, Genie." Elizabeth patted her on the head, wrapping an arm around the girl as they sat on the edge of the bed. "Everything will be OK."

"No it won't be..." She whispered, burying her face into her knees. "How can it be...?"

"Just be patient." Father Greg sighed, poking her forehead with two fingers. "Goddess Lunaria has a plan for everyone, and that includes you."

"I thought that was Flix."

A finger flicked her nose. "You get the idea." He said, smiling wistfully. "Someday soon you'll meet your other half..."

"And they'll understand everything about me..."

"Exactly."

Her shoulders drooped. "They'll help me to forget my past... so I can focus on the future..."

"But until then," Father Greg held out a bottle full of a familiar dark crimson liquid. "You'd best drink up."

He wasn't an idiot.

He knew she was thirsty.

After all, it was rather hard to ignore the way she was eyeing up their two necks like they were dinner.

The glowing red eyes were also a bit of a giveaway.

Small fangs dropped over her lower lip, the taste of blood filling her mouth as Genesis drank her sorrows away, wincing as familiar flavour brought back the memories she'd been trying to forget.

"You couldn't stop it." Elizabeth said, interrupting the stream of bloody images flooding through her mind. "It was beyond your control..."

"That doesn't mean it didn't happen." Shaking fingers clutched at the glass bottle, fear gleaming in her eyes as she finished the last few droplets. "And I'll never be able to forget that fact..."

***

Banging.

Loud obnoxious banging.

That was what woke Genesis from her slumber. Purple eyes slit open, glaring at the alarm clock at the side of her bed.

One eyebrow twitched, having spied the time.

Five am.

Someone had dared to wake her up at five am on the one day of the week she had a lie-in. And it was safe to say that particular someone was about to have to deal with a very angry Genesis.

She stormed out of her bedroom, knowing that both of her Guardians were busy working at the orphanage down the road – the same orphanage she helped out during the week days. She raced down the stairs, not caring about the long nightdress she was in, or the frazzled state of her hair. All that mattered was removing the source of the noise.

By any means necessary.

"Oh, move out of the way!" A voice called from the other side of the door as she approached the source. "This is urgent, so I'm sure the Priest won't mind."

"I could pick the lock."

"This way is quicker."

Genesis chose that moment to yank open the door, blinking as her forehead met a booted foot with a loud thud. Pain radiated from her head, the sound of blood pounding through her veins filling her ears in the odd silence that'd fallen.

"You idiot!" One of his companions yelled.

Her hands closed around his leg and then he was flying back and forth through the air as Genesis tossed him around like a ragdoll, slamming him into the ground with as much force as she could muster.

"Whoa..." A brunette moved towards the two, his matching purple eyes fixed on the half-conscious blonde buried in one of the two man-shaped indents in the tiled floor.

Genesis was already moving, her mind on autopilot as she slammed her fist into the brunette's stomach, sending him flying back down the veranda steps.

Five sets of eyes locked on her as she stood just outside the house, breathing heavily, opening her mouth to bellow questions at them, but before she could do so, a small surprised voice interrupted her.

"They jiggled... twice..."

Genesis froze, cranking her head around to find the green-eyed blonde whose stare was fixed a fair few centimetres below her face. Teeth clenched as the cold wind rustled around her, reminding her about the thin nightdress she wore.

Her morning was getting worse by the second.

And that wasn't a good thing.

"BLAZE!" The man with the pale blue eyes roared, blinking in confusion when the tan nineteen-year-old appeared next to the blonde in a matter of second.

His confusion was soon cleared up though, as one well-placed leg slammed into the blonde's side, sending him flying into the side of the house with a loud bang.

Genesis turned, her gaze narrowed on the four remaining men outside the door, scowling at them as she walked back into the house, slamming the door behind her, but not before she spoke one last word.

"Perverts."

-----