Feral

Finding a feral wolf wasn't as easy as it sounded.

Not when there were a good few acres of forest to search through.

She'd been at it for three days, and it was starting to get a bit boring. Liberty had told her to stay out of wolf form whenever possible, so it wasn't as if she could shift and track it on her four paws.

After all, the Elders were most likely in the forest too and if they spotted her, then there might've been a few problems.

There were three options:

One. The Elders thought she was the feral wolf and dealt with her however they were planning on.

Two. Elder Riley recognised her and dragged her off to the nearest cell.

Three. The Elders thought she was an innocent civilian and dragged her out of harm's way.

Obviously, the latter would've been the most agreeable option, but it still would've interfered with the mission Liberty had given her.

And Genesis didn't want to fail a mission given to her by the Queen of the Rogues.

She wanted to prove herself.

She wanted to be accepted.

Libertium was the only place she felt she could truly belong.

They were the only ones who might be able to accept her past and help her move on.

It was a funny thought, for Genesis at least. She'd always thought her mate would be the one to do that, but there she was... running from him...

Snarls pulled her out of her thoughts, her eyes widening as two wolves ran by in front of her.

Werewolves.

"Look out!"

Two arms pulled her into a soft chest, silver hair blocking her vision as she was lifted out of the way of the two wolves snapping at each other.

Genesis blinked, staring up at the silver-haired woman who was carrying her off to someplace safe. She knew that for a fact, because this woman was none other than the Luna of Punishment. Elder Riley's mate.

A woman half of the country were terrified of - the other half being too busy pitying her.

They'd heard the stories of what'd happened when Riley had found her a good few hundred years ago.

"Are you alright?" Silver eyes stared down at her as she swiftly concealed her own under a thin layer of black hair.

"I'm fine..." Genesis somehow managed to croak out.

"Silver, what's going on?" Dark blue eyes stared at the two of them as she placed Genesis back on her own two feet. "Where's Ry?"

"He's still trying to pin our little feral wolf down." Silver shrugged. "I just brought this girl out of harm's way."

"Oh." The purple-coated man nodded. "I see."

"You probably ought to head back into Stonewall for the meantime." Silver turned to her. "It's not safe to be hiking around here right now."

"OK..."

Option three seemed to have happened, but Genesis wasn't that fazed. The feral wolf was about to be taken care of, which meant the Elders would no longer be sniffing around the woods.

That meant her mission was complete.

It also meant that she could kick back and relax for a bit once she got home, and she would've gotten home too, had it not been for the feral wolf that leapt out of the bushes.

The blue-eyed Elder was there in seconds, slamming down a weapon Genesis herself had never used: a sasumata.

It was a weapon originating from the eastern region of Pack Territory as far as she was aware, and the Elder seemed to know what to do with it as he slammed the semi-circular end of the pole down around the wolf's neck, trapping it there.

Another Elder wandered out of the bushes, wearing just a pair of black shorts.

And Genesis recognised that particular Elder, much to her dismay.

Elder Riley.

The worst person she could've run into.

"Let's get this little feral back to Stonewall already, Blythe." Riley sighed, running a hand through his messy black locks. "I've had enough drama for one day..."

"I'm sure you have..." Elder Blythe said, casting his eyes up to the trees. "But I have a feeling things are about to get even more dramatic."

Purple threads of string looped around Genesis in answer.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding?!" Riley grumbled. "Another Knight of the Apocalypse that Omega Taurus has sent to get rid of us..."

"Correct." The brunette grinned, her purple eyes narrowing on the two Elders and Silver. "Now, unless you want this little thing to die, you'll wait right there while I kill you."

Riley scowled. "Tch."

"I'm sorry, kid." Blythe said, and Genesis knew she had no choice.

"Seems like they value their own lives above your own..." The brunette laughed, yanking back on the fine wires wrapped around the girl, blinking when the threads fell to the ground, her eyes locking on the flaming purple sword Genesis was now holding. "Traitor..."

Genesis rolled her eyes.

Before anyone could do anything else though, a red flash of lightning blinded them, a familiar red-haired figure appearing.

Liberty stared at Genesis. "You're alive..."

"I know... It's shocking, isn't it?" She muttered, sliding the purple sword back into her body, watching as it disappeared into her skin.

"Seems you aren't as helpless as I thought..."

"Rogue Queen..." Riley stared at her. "What are you doing here?"

"What? No hello for your second favourite criminal?"

"Liberty..." Blythe gritted his teeth. "I take it you aren't here to turn yourself in."

"Aren't you a smart cookie?" The redhead grinned like a Cheshire cat. "I was actually here to save my favourite new member-"

"I'd be dead right now if I'd waited for you to rescue me..." Genesis muttered, blinking as she was hefted onto the woman's back.

"I'm rescuing you from the Elders right now... That counts, right?"

"Sure..."

"Well..." Blythe stared at his phone. "It turns out you wouldn't have needed to rescue the girl anyway..."

"What could be more important than catching a lovely little member of Libertium?" Liberty tilted her head, staring at the Elder curiously.

"Stonewall." Blythe said, turning his phone so they could all see the message. "Omega Taurus is attacking."

-----