A Cold Morning

Genesis shivered, her hands clenching at the fluffy purple blanket wrapped around her as she sat on the window seat, staring out across the grounds of Blagmoor Castle. Her cheeks were bright red, her fingertips briefly tracing the scratches across her back – the reminders of what she and Finn had done last night. She'd crept out of his room early in the morning wearing his clothes, thanks to the mess he'd made of hers. There was almost no evidence left in Finn's room that she'd been there at all. There was no reason for him to remember, and judging by the way he'd ignored her in the corridor earlier, he hadn't. He couldn't seem to remember how his claws had come out as they'd collided like two meteors, nor the way they'd dug into her skin. It hadn't been anything like what Genesis had imagined over the years. Finn hadn't been gentle. He'd been anything but. Then again, neither had she. They'd both become animals the second her clothes had fallen to the ground in pieces.

"You're back!" A small scream broke the silence, a redhead sprinting towards her, tackling her onto the wide windowsill cushion.

"I got back last night." She said, sitting up slowly as Lyra sat back.

"But I checked your room..."

"I didn't arrive back in my room..." Genesis mumbled, her cheeks heating under the Luna Queen's intent stare.

"Don't tell me..." She blinked. "You ended up in Finn's room?!"

"Keep it down!" She hissed, her face burning red. "He doesn't remember..." Her teeth clenched, tears pooling in her eyes as she remembered the Finn from last night. The one who'd looked at her with passion, rather than those stone-cold eyes that gave nothing away.

"He was completely hammered last... Wait..." Brown eyes bore into her purple ones. "What really happened last night...?"

Lyra was no fool.

"What do you think?" She wrapped her arms around herself, smiling shyly. "I asked him to show how much he loved me... and he did."

"What were you thinking?!"

Tears leaked down her face. "I wasn't..." She whispered, tracing the puckered red lines that ran up her arms. "One thing just led to another... and before I knew it..." Sobs burst from her lips. "I just wanted to be with him... even for just one night."

"Come here..." Lyra sighed, wrapping her arms around her, pulling her into a much-needed hug. "It's OK..."

"My, my..." A pair of green eyes glinted, sandy blonde hair flopping down over the jade orbs. "Girl-on-Girl action at this time in the morning-"

Lyra gave him a hiss that could rival that of a snake, her eyes burning with fury which soon turned to amusement when a familiar foot slammed into the blonde's midsection.

"Learn how to read a situation, Blaze." Juniper grumbled, pulling herself up onto the little cushion, yanking the curtain shut behind her. "Honestly..." She shook her head. "Oh well, I'm just glad you're back." She said with a grin. "Finn was actually getting worried."

More tears poured down over her cheeks at the mention of her mate's name.

"Let's not talk about him right now." Lyra said, glaring pointedly at her.

"Oh." Juniper smiled sheepishly. "Movie, anyone?"

***

"Are you sure about this, Finn?" Rylan glanced over at his fellow Alpha, concern written across his face. "Sending your mate away like this...?" He said, putting the phone back down, having just finished having a conversation with his father. "She probably won't take the news too well."

"I just need some space... and some time to think..."

"At least talk to the poor girl." The Alpha King sighed, wiping the sleep from his eyes as he stared at the mound of work he had on his desk. "Tell her how you feel – face to face – before you go."

"I'm sending her away because I have no idea how I feel about her... and it's killing me to see her everywhere with that sad expression on her face." His shoulders sagged forwards. "I can't concentrate on my work. Hell, I can't even focus on my own life. All I can think about is her."

"So try talking to her."

"I don't know what to say."

"Hi?"

"That's too casual..." Finn ran a hand through his dirty brown locks. "I can't really go up and hug her, either. Besides... she killed my parents... you think I don't remember that fact every time I try and open my mouth and speak to her?"

"Relax." Rylan said, raising a hand, knowing how much of a mess his friend was by his dishevelled appearance. "I can understand where you're coming from, but this probably isn't the best decision."

"Are the arrangements made?" He asked, closing his eyes as the Alpha King gave him the confirmation.

"I take it you want me to explain things because you're too chicken to do it yourself."

"Please, Ry."

"Fine." The Alpha King sighed, and with that he left the office, heading downstairs to where he knew his mate and Finn's were.

***

"I'm going to Stonewall Castle...?" Genesis mumbled, confusion and hurt written across her face. "Finn's sending me away?"

"He's a mess right now." Rylan sighed, glancing down at the suitcase he'd gotten Juniper to pack for her. "If you stay around him right now, there's a good chance he'll snap or do something stupid, and he doesn't want to put you through that."

"Why didn't he come and tell me himself?!" Tears fell, splotches forming on the sofa she was sitting on. "He hates me, doesn't he? Just say it out loud!"

"He didn't come because he's a big fat chicken." The Alpha King said, shaking his head slowly. "Finn has... trouble expressing himself sometimes... which basically means you get me acting as a translator for his feelings half the time."

"When do I leave?" She choked out the words.

"Your train leaves in an hour." He closed his eyes. "I've informed my father that you're coming... but he doesn't know the reason." He said, his expression grim, Lyra shooting him a glare as she helped a grief-stricken Genesis to her feet. "I figured it wasn't my place to tell him what's going on between you and Finn..."

"Who's going with her?"

"Thorn and Arrow have some business with the Elders, so they'll be with her on the journey up there." Rylan said, picking up her suitcase. "They're ready and waiting in the car..." He glanced at his mate. "Ly, could you help her get out to the car?"

"It's fine." Genesis stood, an oddly calm sensation overtaking her as she strode out of Blagmoor Castle, pausing just outside the car door.

She could feel them on her, after all.

Grey eyes met her own purple ones from the first story window, Finn staring out at her with an unreadable expression on his face.

Genesis smiled ever so slightly.

She could tell just from that brief glance.

The Alpha was a complete and utter mess.

And it was all to do with her.

What other reason was there for him to have his shirt unbuttoned and his pants on the wrong way around?

-----