The Grim Reaper

"Charlie!" Constance yelled, chasing after the boy. "Charlie, wait up!"

"Can't you catch me?" He laughed. "You're supposed to be the Commander, Connie..."

"Shuddup!" She scowled. "You're still the Vice Commander!"

The wide grin on Charlie's face soon vanished, though, as the boy tripped on a snow-covered tree root.

"Charlie?!" Constance was by his side in an instant. "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine." The blonde-haired boy sat up, dusting off the fine layer of powdery white snow that'd coated his chest, blinking as he felt his ankle twinge. "Ow."

"You're not OK, are you?" She said, matter-of-factly, staring at his twisted ankle.

"I'll be fine." He grumbled. "Just take me back... I'm sure he'll be able to patch me up before he heads out on his next errand."

Constance hefted the boy up into her small arms.

"I can walk."

"This is faster."

"It's also far more dangerous..." A voice called, icy blue eyes meeting their shocked ones. "I mean... If you've got your hands full, you can't really do much, can you?"

"Put me down, Connie." Charlie scowled. "I don't like where this is heading..."

"Just tell me where the nearest town is from here." He sighed, folding his arms. "I'll end your lives quickly if you do."

The boy gritted his teeth. "Run, Connie."

Charlie fell to the ground in a heap.

"A Commander's duty is to protect their subordinates." Constance said, folding her tiny arms. "I won't let you hurt my Vice Commander."

"Well, my dear..." Blue eyes locked on her purple ones, widening slightly when they spotted the colour. "I'm afraid you're a bit outnumbered... Apocalypse Knight..."

She was surrounded in an instant, swords raised.

The Knights of the Apocalypse were rather well known, especially amongst Rogues.

So they knew how dangerous she could be.

They were, after all, from the North. From the Rogue Lands on the other side of the wall.

That didn't help them one bit though.

Constance simply drew her scythe out of thin air and began her deadly dance. Blood spattered across her face, her arms shaking as she held her weapon of choice. Purple flames crackled around the blade, her eyes glowing with the same intensity as she moved at record speed, until she finally realised they were all dead.

By her hand.

Her shoulders sunk, her blood-covered face weary as she turned back to face Charlie, her back hunched against the stream of insults she was sure was about to be thrown her way.

Everyone screamed at her after incidents like those.

They called her a monster, a freak.

"You OK, Connie?" Charlie's expression was unusually calm as he pulled her out of her thoughts.

She tilted her head, staring at him intently. "You aren't scared of me?"

"It's the opposite actually." A wide grin pulled at his lips. "I think I'm in love..."

"Don't say something like that!" Constance muttered, her cheeks bright red, her purple eyes blinking furiously as he pulled himself up on one leg, his hands landing on her face, turning her so she faced him.