Chapter 20

6:22 am I woke up. Not my typical morning wake up. But something woke me up. Dad was in his room with mom snoring. Sophia was quiet also, but asleep. The sound of my phone woke me up. "A message?" I said to myself. From Eliot. "No need to wake you up, or bother you, I just want to say that to watch out". What could that mean. Mr. Bear is in jail though. Eliot stopped texting as I was gonna reply, later than blocked me. I ignored it. All I know is that I'm safe. He's gone, forever, I can think about esvi whenever I want. Wait what... Never mind that, I'm cool. I put my phone on silent. "Good night!" I said to myself. I stiffened my pillow and patted it hard and laid my head on it. Closed my eyes and went back to sleep for another 2 hours. 8:38 am came. Everyone was awake before me like usual. I got out of bed. I yawned. I walked to the kitchen and saw my family, well you know, typical morning. "Son you've been invited to a Halloween party to Esvis house" mom said. "Half of her friends are Going be there and some boys in your class". "Kill me" I said in my mind. "Yeah I'm looking forward to this, totally" I said sarcastically. "Aren't you excited!" Dad said as he flipped the pancake over the pan. My costume is just plain normal, retarded looking. It's a banana. "You'll look all cool in the banana costume" dad said. "I'm sure you'll be the banana inside..." "David shut up.. Language" mom interrupted. "Sorry.. You'll get there sometime son" dad said. "Sure why not" I said. "8:00" sharp mom said. "Plenty of time to get ready". Mom said. "Ooooooook" I said. "Just don't get toooooo nuts tonight" dad said. "It's not that type of party dad, that's high school". "Oh, well close enough".